Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

hmf vs yoshimura vs lrd 400ex pipes

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmf vs yoshimura vs lrd 400ex pipes

hey all..i know there is tons of topics on this already and i have used the search button alot already and really havnt found what im looking for. im wondering out of the yoshimura comp series , lrd pro 4 series, and the hmf sport series which sounds the best, makes the most usable power, lasts the longest and the lowest price. also the pipe is for a stock 2003 400ex. i plan on doing mods later on possibly a high compression piston and a stage 2 hot cam maybe even a 440. i ride the roads where i live alot ( country roads ), alot of trails, and some mx at my freinds track but thats not to often. so i geuss what im wondering is what makes the best power all around and what sounds good and all that. i dont want something that is overly loud but i want it loud enough that people can hear me coming if i want em too. thanks for any help

Old 04-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

They are all good systems and you can't go wrong with any of them but I would get a full system on whichever. My preference would be the HMF.

Old 04-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

thank you very much for the reply. do you know how loud the hmf would be? or the lrd for that fact? the only exhausts ive heard on a 400ex were a t4 slip on , a sparks full system and a yoshimura full system so i know how loud they are but i was wondering about the lrd and hmf. ive heard the hmf's were insanely loud. what ever i get will be a full system for sure though. thanks alot
alex

Old 04-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

anyone else know anything about these pipes???

Old 04-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer

come on there must be more than one person who knows about these specific pipes and how they all perform?

Old 04-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

The HMF complete system on the 400ex works very well, my buddy has an 03 ex with the full HMF and he loves it has never had a problem with it yet other then getting the jetting right on it because of all the carb. mods hes done. It took him a while but once he got it it woke it has great power now threw the middle of the power band, espeacially with a CDI box. It runs hard and strong!!

Old 04-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

alright thanks alot....im kind of leaning towards the full system i saw it on some website for like 360 for a full system i think it was rockymountainatv.com but my grampas a parts unlimited dealer and can get it for me around 360 also....the price is whats killing me right now cause i dont know which is a better buy. ive narrowed it down to the hmf n yoshi now. so pretty much whichever makes more usable power and prices and such....the yoshi is looking really good tho

thanks again

alex

Old 04-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Those 2 were the same ones I had narrowed down for my z. I looked at the dyno charts and saw that the HMF had a much smoother powerband throughout the RPM range and it was cheaper. I don't think it sounds insanely loud, I've heard louder.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer

yeah ive heard some pretty loud pipes on 650 bajas that my friends have it was a white brother e series and he had alot of disks in it so maybe that was why. i guess if i end up getting the hmf if its too loud i could always buy the quiet core but im just afraid if that happens ill lose alot of the power

so the yoshi has more of like a hit in the power band with the hmf having more overall power? cause if thats the case it looks like the hmf will be getting thrown onto it. i also heard that the Lrd was VERY similar in power to Hmf just a little quieter does any one know if thats true because i would be interested in that as well i geuss. whatever the best bang for the buck is is most likely what will end up on my wheeler. thank you guys for the help n all that i know you guys probably get ANNOYED with all of these 400ex ?'s n all so thanks alot i really appreciate your help

thanks again

alex

Old 04-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

oh one more thing ive got some money saved up and have been looking at rev boxes for it. i was wondering if any one knew anything about these and if they are worth it. ill have my stock pipe untill i have enough money for a pipe jet kit n filter so would the rev box still be alright with a stock pipe or wouldnt i notice a differnce with it unless it was a aftermarket pipe? thanks again

alex

Quick Reply: hmf vs yoshimura vs lrd 400ex pipes