Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

banshee vs. 250r vs. raptor

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2000, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im going to be getting a atv and i have road a banshee and there fast but i also like honda better then yamaha,i had a xr 100.what should i get .

Old 11-20-2000, 04:54 AM
Range Rover

this is crazy talk! Ive beaten honda 250r's Banshees (400exes lol thats just funny) with no prob what soever!!1 Suzuki makes a Hell of a quad I just wish more people would recognize them like I do!!!
Beat me if you can SURVIVE
IF I LET YOU

Old 11-20-2000, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Let's see now, he didn't ask about Suzuki, he asked about Honda or Yamaha. The Suzuki forum is around the corner. Oh yeah, Ok, your machine is faster than mine. I'm impressed. Really I am.

Both the R and the Banshee are great machines. I can't tell you which to buy. The Banshee is faster, the R handles better. If a Banshee engine breaks, it's expensive. Banshee's are a lot more available as they have been making them a long time and still are making them. I have two R's and I'll never get rid of them.

Old 11-20-2000, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

And just which quad is it that Suzuki makes RIGHT NOW that is better than a 400ex or a Banshee?

Old 11-20-2000, 09:53 PM

it all depends on where u ride, and your ability... since u've ridden a banshee and owned an XR100R i'm pretty sure u are good with clutches... if u do alot of duning i'd maybe go with the banshee, but for the Mountains i like my 400EX better then anything else, but yet, I havent had the chance of riding the new 660R so i couldnt tell you how that is, i found myself at no disabilities in the Mountains and i keep well ahead of any Polaris or Honda 4x4's that i ride with, i'm not as afraid as taking a risk and trying to go somewhere first since my machine is light enough i can just pick it up or get pulled out... just decide for yourself thats all i can say, but there are people here that can help you with some desisions and questions

Old 11-21-2000, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

I own a 400ex Raptor and atc250r and have riden a STOCK banshee. I would tell you to go with the Raptor or a 250r. 400ex doesnt have enpouph power but handles well. The Banshee is just no fun in stock form. If you want to buy a expensive quad and sink alot of money into it get the banshee so you will have a unrealiable 8k bike. But in stock form go for the Raptor.

Old 11-21-2000, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

This guy does NOT know what he is talking about. If the Banshee is "no fun" then why do so many of them sell? I will admit that they are more fun with a set of pipes, but most used Banshee's have those already. As for reliability, I have had no problems with my 98. I have never fouled a plug, and if you ditch the stock air cleaner, and use the right mix ratio, you are in good shape for a long time. Anybody who says that the handling is bad just doesn't want to face the facts. All stock atv's could benefit from aftermarket suspensions. Banshee's just benifit more that a 250R does. Most of the Banshee's "bad handling" are a result of it's heavier front end, which makes it more difficult to go through the whoops. Stock, you can do really large jumps and rail berms as fast as you care to go.
The Honda 250R does in fact handle better than any other machine, past or present. If you do some mild motor mods(check out MacDizzy) you will be flying past everything. The discussions in these forums become moot.
So, you have to be honest with yourself, just how aggressive of a rider are you? What type of riding do you do? Those two questions will point you at the bike you probably should be riding. For the record, the 400EX with a good pipe, jet kit, airfilter and rev box is as fast as most people need to go except on the top end. I don't know about the Raptor, I haven't seen any yet. Maybe somebody will have one at Pinal Air Park on Sunday.