Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Transportation Systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2000, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a ramp system that mounts in the bed of a compact truck and holds the quad. I understand there is one that puts a set of ramps in the bed and allows the quad to "drive" up sort of towards the roof of the cab and holds it there somehow. I am interested in this idea but can not find very much information. I also was looking at the ones that put the ATV above and across the bed. Any thoughts or ideas about these. Does anyone know of a web site on these? Thanks

Old 11-21-2000, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Code54,
I knew of two of us who have purchased some of these systems. WayneB has the system outlined at www.saf-tload.com. They offer only a side-loading version, but they have a flat, and an arched version, with the arched version allowing more storage underneath the rack.
I bought the model at www.atvpickupcaddy.com. I got the in-line double version (because I have a 4x4 dually pickup, and was worried that the side-loading version would allow the ramps to hit the extended fender flairs. There is a similiar model at www.quadcaddy.com.
Check them out, and send me or WayneB an email if you want more details on either of the two systems.