HELP, Im READY TO BUY

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, Im READY TO BUY

Originally posted by: baacrb
Originally posted by: TL450R
id go with the 400ex. once you get used to a machine, it will feel slower, and in the beginning, it will only be as fast as you push it to be. i love when people say the 450r has enough power stock, then think about the things people do just to make them faster [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

who in the world wants to go 90mph+ on a 4-wheeler? someone with a death wish???? if your a beginner and looking to die then go with a 400ex or better yet 450r but if you just want to get into riding a quad and money 'isnt an issue' then get the 300ex, especially if your going to ride ANY trails. believe me, with what i have seen with the 400's and 450's you could very easily 'kill yourself' on one of these 200lb jet engines on wheels. just my .02 cents tho maybe i'm a 6'0 200lb ***** that would get knocked around by one of these badass 110 lb'ers.

uhh....

first off stock quads are limited to 75mph dude.

secondly anyone can screw themselves over on any kind of quad. if i jumped a 90 like i do my 400 i would probably crash it. the better quads get, is only logical their suspension is great. the 400ex has an advantage over the 300ex in the suspension department. if i wanted to fly down a trail i would take the 400 partially because of how it handles.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: ubertrailblazer01
Originally posted by: baacrb
Originally posted by: TL450R
id go with the 400ex. once you get used to a machine, it will feel slower, and in the beginning, it will only be as fast as you push it to be. i love when people say the 450r has enough power stock, then think about the things people do just to make them faster [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

who in the world wants to go 90mph+ on a 4-wheeler? someone with a death wish???? if your a beginner and looking to die then go with a 400ex or better yet 450r but if you just want to get into riding a quad and money 'isnt an issue' then get the 300ex, especially if your going to ride ANY trails. believe me, with what i have seen with the 400's and 450's you could very easily 'kill yourself' on one of these 200lb jet engines on wheels. just my .02 cents tho maybe i'm a 6'0 200lb ***** that would get knocked around by one of these badass 110 lb'ers.

uhh....

first off stock quads are limited to 75mph dude.

secondly anyone can screw themselves over on any kind of quad. if i jumped a 90 like i do my 400 i would probably crash it. the better quads get, is only logical their suspension is great. the 400ex has an advantage over the 300ex in the suspension department. if i wanted to fly down a trail i would take the 400 partially because of how it handles.

uhh....

first off not trying to start a fight here dude.

secondly just trying to offer some advice on my experience as a first-time rider, i dont know anything about the suspension on a 400ex, but as for the 'suspension' my 300ex doesnt have me bouncing around either on trails or jumps. i concure that as the quad gets better(or larger) the better the suspension though. i have heard that the step up from a 300ex to a 400ex is unbelieveable. i have rode a 450r and it scared the **** out of me as i have become accustom to my 300ex. also i have heard that the 400ex does not have reverse, the 450r does not have electric start, which both are big + for me. maybe earlier models do have these features as i only have a 2000 trx300ex. only thing i am trying to say is that maybe a 400ex, definitily a 450r is WAY too much power for one package ESPECIALLY for a beginner as i saw some poor guy laying face down in the dirt unconscious for 2-3 minutes. my advice to EclipseGST would be to ride both all them and see which one felt the most comfortable. also sorry to TL450R if i offended you, just dont want to see someone underestimate the power of one of these quads and end up @#$#ed up like i have personally witnessed. for me, 300ex has enough power to raise the front end up, blow through the trails leaving polaris trailblazers in the dust, and have a lot of fun!!!! i guess any honda he gets is going to be a blast though.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Pro Rider

Seriously baarcrp, the 300ex is an awesome machine in handling and suspension, and it'S SUrprising how fun it is (I'd like to have one right now for a trail and wheelie bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], tried my friend's 250x last week and loved it)...but it's AWFULLY Slow...And it's not an opinion, it's almost a fact even if speed is relative. the 400ex would be a more versatile ride IMO...Not extremely fast, not slow neither. The 400 class is probably the best 'all-around" class in the atv world.

My 2 cents,

Pierre-Yves

Old 06-08-2006, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider

cant blame you baacrb, i was looking to get a 300ex for a new quad, but i had two different people (one of them my dads friend who is a quad/dirtbike rider and i would consider pretty experienced and smart) tell me the 400ex is a better choice.

im in no way saying a 450r is a good choice for a simple trail machine, but a 400 isnt really that deadly. yet i understand your concerns, though in my view, it isnt the quad that kills/injures people, its the rider.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Range Rover

i wasnt trying to persuade him to get a 450. i was just saying how you will never be happy forever with speed. that is why everyone buys exhaust, intake, and all the other performance parts. i was trying to saw go with the 400ex, because it is limited by how hard you push the throttle. i started on a warrior 350, and it was too slow for me. i have ridden the 400 and it is a perfect all around bike. also, there are millions of parts to make it fit the rider.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

So what is a good price to pay for a 400? I was offered to take over payments on a friends 400 that he never rides..He owes like 6300 on it tho. What is a good deal on one of these bikes?

Old 06-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Range Rover

6300 is way too much. you can get a brand new one for that maybe less.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

6300 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That dosen't sound like much of a friend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] MSRP on an 06 TRX400EX is 5899 If he has rode it all I wouldn't pay more than 5000 What year is his?

Old 06-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its a 2005, i thought that was pretty extreme myself, I have found quiet a few on the ebay and they are 2-3k less than that..Was there a good year for these bikes? Like is there one year model thats better than the others?

Old 06-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

if you can find yourself something like an 04 thats brand new, buy it. the 05/06 models only addition is reverse and a 450r headlight bulb. i got mine for 5K (it was right before the 05's were coming out)

Quick Reply: HELP, Im READY TO BUY