Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thoughts on the 07' 450R's?????

No EFI on the dirt bike: http://www.hondanews.com/CatID7291?m...72520&mime=asc

Old 06-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh i thought i read something about that in transworld mx. maybe it was testing for 08. i know the RMZ in Japan already has EFI. i could have swore i read something about the CRF.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Do you know the actual date they will release their first line of 07's?
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>

this is from yami450d in the yamaha forum. i dont know if he is dealer or what he only has 4 posts so i dont know how accurate he is but here is what he said:

Yamaha this year is having two different realeases, and release dates for the 07's. They called it, having Stage 1 of the 2007 Yamaha line being introduced June 27th, and Stage 2 introduced Sept 27th. They also mentioned in the letter I got and I quote there will be a dynamic new model introduction, and a demo ride to introduce "the new anticipated Sales leader for ATV's in 2007."

so whatever. take it or leave it. i didnt say it.. but yamaha always has a trick up their sleeve....i wish they just had the one release date but apparently by them waiting until september.....what trump card will they play then? i wonder if they know some insider info from honda and the rest??? you know, to a point all oems prob have spies everywhere...

Old 06-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: dunefool
Why would you want Honda to build your mx quad? Why not just set it up for your own style and preference? Realistically, what they make, you will just change out to better aftermarket components anyway and you will pay extra for the quad. If they built a well setup mx quad then it would cost you. What current quad comes with great suspension stock for a competitive price?? Not the Suzuki, as far as people are saying.

Ummm, the stock suspenion is perfectly fine for "C" and "B" class riders. And besides, stock MX bikes are "race ready" and they sell GREAT, why not have quads "race ready" for the majority of racers. Only "A" level guys have a need for major mods.

......the dirtbike with great suspension costs more than the quad. 220 some pounds of dirtbike costs more than 350 some pounds of quad??????? It's all based on keeping the price point in line. My point is, if Honda built this MX quad with great stock suspension, extended a-arms, axle, handlebars on and on, how much will it cost?? Who really wants Honda to try and set up their quad to their liking. Even if they do a good job on it, they will only make about 20% of racers totally happy. People will still change out the handlebars, wheels, etc to ones of their liking and have to pay the 9 or 10 grand for them anyway. Most quad racers already have a huge pile of stuff in their garage to put on their next bike, I know I do. I don't need to add to the pile.

We all would like to see changes for the better in quads, but Honda does everything they do for a reason. Their is, in fact, a reason why they have been in business for so long when other manufacturers (that have built mx quads like your talking about) have gone out of the business.

Do you even follow dirtbikes? Hell, it's had a new frame 3 times and it is only a 5 year old bike! Not to meniton the refinements on the engine performance, and it's positioning for better balance. If you follow the MX trend, you will see it damn near changes every year! And that is the way quads are getting to be, which is good for the sport.

....a bunch of changes that haven't added up to much in my and many others opinion. You think that people are going to come running to the CRF now that is has a slightly bigger carb and smaller exhaust valves? Well, maybe these changes will sell a few more '07's but are they really significant?

Anyway, I know where your coming from but I also realize where Honda is coming from. This is a great topic of conversation but I have to get back to work and help setup a few frame welds on that new Suzuki MX quad.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: dunefool

......the dirtbike with great suspension costs more than the quad. 220 some pounds of dirtbike costs more than 350 some pounds of quad??????? It's all based on keeping the price point in line.
That's not true, quads are selling for more than bikes are now. Where do you come up with that?

My point is, if Honda built this MX quad with great stock suspension, extended a-arms, axle, handlebars on and on, how much will it cost?? Who really wants Honda to try and set up their quad to their liking. Even if they do a good job on it, they will only make about 20% of racers totally happy. People will still change out the handlebars, wheels, etc to ones of their liking and have to pay the 9 or 10 grand for them anyway. Most quad racers already have a huge pile of stuff in their garage to put on their next bike, I know I do. I don't need to add to the pile.
The LTR is a great base quad for MX, and it is 7 g's, not 9 or 10. Honda needs to step up there 450, it's lagging a little. They're coming out with aluminum frame and EFI next year, why not pull the trigger and beat the rest and be a leader again, instead of a follower? Plus I've been suggesting having 2 versions of the 450, you are going off track.

....a bunch of changes that haven't added up to much in my and many others opinion. You think that people are going to come running to the CRF now that is has a slightly bigger carb and smaller exhaust valves? Well, maybe these changes will sell a few more '07's but are they really significant?
The '07 models havn't changed much, but before that they have. And the changes before that HAS added up to much, your obviously not a MXer. It saves SO much money by having these current race bikes, because they are now race ready. Unlike bikes of a few years ago. The same goes for the LTR450, it will save racers SOO much more money by having a great base MX quad. But I'm more concerned about them coming out with a version for XC or trail use than anything. That is where the money is at.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

07 crf450r $6,999
07 trx450r $6,749

www.hondanews.com

Old 06-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 450ER version is $6900.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] And besides, a new CRF usually sells for low 6G's, while the quads are usually a little closer to the MSRP. Not to mention the LTR is over 7g's, and I think the YFZ is at about 7g's. And all the other brand's 450 dirtbike's MSRP is lower than the Honda's. What's your point?