Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Thoughts on the 07' 450R's?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thoughts on the 07' 450R's?????

What do you guys think of 07' 450R's? I really think they dropped the ball.....again.....and needed an update with the LTR and KFX 450's coming out, and rumor is that the YFZ is getting EFI and possibly a reverse addition. I honostly thought Honda would be the first to have two versions of their 450, one MX and one XC type version. When are they going to learn that ATV's is where the money is at these days, there outselling dirtbikes 4-1 right now I believe, and dirtbikes get refined every year!.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's high time they started dividing the quads into MX and Enduro lines, just like the dirt bikes. MX quads would be 50" wide, short tires, etc. And, Enduro's would have trail friendly gearing, standard width, etc. Everybody dreams of being an MX star and rideing the same bike as the pros, so MX dirt bikes are big sellers for the manufacturers. This just makes good marketing sense.

I have put in a few hours on my buddies 06, and I have no complaints except that the suspension is HARSH and the stock tires are lame.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you want Honda to build your mx quad? Why not just set it up for your own style and preference? Realistically, what they make, you will just change out to better aftermarket components anyway and you will pay extra for the quad. If they built a well setup mx quad then it would cost you. What current quad comes with great suspension stock for a competitive price?? Not the Suzuki, as far as people are saying.

What changes have they made to the CRF450R that have made the bike ride totally different or much better??

They will probably come out with something different in '08, every other year as is the trend. Whatever it is, it will not please everyone I can guarantee that.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: dunefool
Why would you want Honda to build your mx quad? Why not just set it up for your own style and preference? Realistically, what they make, you will just change out to better aftermarket components anyway and you will pay extra for the quad. If they built a well setup mx quad then it would cost you. What current quad comes with great suspension stock for a competitive price?? Not the Suzuki, as far as people are saying.

Ummm, the stock suspenion is perfectly fine for "C" and "B" class riders. And besides, stock MX bikes are "race ready" and they sell GREAT, why not have quads "race ready" for the majority of racers. Only "A" level guys have a need for major mods.

What changes have they made to the CRF450R that have made the bike ride totally different or much better??
Do you even follow dirtbikes? Hell, it's had a new frame 3 times and it is only a 5 year old bike! Not to meniton the refinements on the engine performance, and it's positioning for better balance. If you follow the MX trend, you will see it damn near changes every year! And that is the way quads are getting to be, which is good for the sport.

They will probably come out with something different in '08, every other year as is the trend. Whatever it is, it will not please everyone I can guarantee that.
That's why we suggested two different models, to appease to most people. A MX version for the racers and wanna-be's, and a XC type version for trail riders that want a 450.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

Is all they did paint the frame and offer a different color? Jeez Honda, I at least expect some handling/suspension mods. But I guess I was thinking to highly to even dream about them doing something like that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>

how true. every other yr is when they do allot to it. the white would look better with red or blue like the original 250Rs. but this is prob the first time we've seen WHITE plastic on a SPORT ATV from HONDA since '92 when the 250x returned in white/blue. The last white/red bike was the '89 250r..i think.. i dont recall any utility ever being white: red, green, blue, even yellow, but never seen a white one.

but i think changes will happen in 08. kawai's got efi, e-start, al frame and reverse- the bar went higher if they did it right. And yes, it wouldnt suprise me one bit if the YFZ had efi, and reverse; their reps have been hinting at the latter for a while. yamaha is agressive so i dont think they will dissapoint us next week.. i hope not anyway....

Old 06-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No EFI next year...........

Old 06-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: twentycharacters yamaha is agressive so i dont think they will dissapoint us next week.. i hope not anyway....
Do you know the actual date they will release their first line of 07's?

Old 06-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

I know everyone is probably a bit disappointed but consider that they probably put a lot of R&D $$ into the 06 model. Now they could either: put lots more R&D into an 07 model, or just churn the same thing out for another year and spend the effort elsewhere. I would imagine that is what is going on.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

yeah, too bad. honda is sucking when it comes to leading the market with new technology these days. and i believe the 07 crf 450 is getting efi? i am pretty sure the rmz is.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the 07' 450R's?????