Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Pro Design billet intake and K&N for 450R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Design billet intake and K&N for 450R?

Has anyone tried one of these intake's? Also does it remove the stock air box or just the lid (which I already have off)? Would I be able to see any performance gains from this product?
Thanks!

Old 06-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, I have to be responsible and advise you to get the ProDesign FOAM filter (made by UNI) and skip the K&N. The K&N will pass dirt........I speak from personal experience here! And, get an EHS Racing airbox lid with an Outerwears cover.

The ProDesign adapter is great! It is just a metal sleve that slips into the intake, and it keeps things from collapsing. The foam filter has a nice cage that fits onto the adapter. I have these on my 450 and both my 400's. Highly recommended!

http://www.prodesignracing.com/main.htm

http://www.ehsracing.com/

Old 06-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the Prodesign with the K & N and so far it's been great. I did listen to Reconranger and ordered the Uni foam filter but they sent me the K & N model. It's been a great set up so far. I dont ride in a lot of dust mainly cause I'm always in the front and just dont get a lot of dust there! I've been watching it real close and have been using the outwear cover along with the HRC stlye lid that I made by cutting out a hole in the lid. This way I was able to add a little more protection by slipping over the lid a old pair of pantie hose. It works great, and that where I find most of the dirt and debris from riding. I think a lot of people have had problems with dirt getting in on a k&N from the way it's mounted. With the Prodesign system that uses the machined aluminum adapter it provides a much tighter and more secure seal than using the stock rubber intake. I am going to order the replacement foam filter just so I can sleep better at night by so far I kinda like this K&N system.try this site for looking at both. http://www.duncanracing.com/prods/PD-246/