Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Hare Scrambles

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2000, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any Hare Scrambles in Indiana ? If so were are they ? what exactly are hare scramble consisted of ? just a big track or what ? any of them have recons in it ? lol

Old 11-27-2000, 10:07 AM
Range Rover

I'd check around for any local clubs. They're usually the ones that promote those events. Larger trail systems like the Badlands may have something too.

Old 11-27-2000, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

Obviously I don`t know of any races in your area. The ones here have a utility or novice class that you can run anything in.

Hare scrambles are usually run in the woods about 3 to 7 miles long. They are a timed events usually 2 hrs plus 1 lap. The one I run here is 4 miles long and runs a moto-x track as part of that 4 miles. It`s a lot of fun but can be tiring if your not in shape. HTH

98 Scrambler 500
00 Trailblazer 250

Old 11-27-2000, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

sweet ...... i wish we had them up here.. dont care how i finsih but that would be bad ... what all does it have like mud and twisty trails? forests ? maybe i should just make a long trail with all of that in it !

Old 11-27-2000, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I am from around indianapolis and I Sometimes drive about 2 hours north to plymouth, Indiana, and they have one up there. There is one next weekend (dec 3rd) and ill probably be up there. write back for more info. Derek

Old 11-28-2000, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey I live in Gary IN, have a 01 yellow 400ex and want to race cross county, can u give me all teh details on the Plymouth IN, Scramble?? Like a number to call or some info about what I have to do to my machine to enter it? Thanks.

Old 11-28-2000, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Recondude;

I am sorry to say there isn't a whole lot of Hare Scrambles in Indiana. I have to travel all over to race. Here are a few;

Culver, IN Dec 3rd 8:00 AM sign up corner of state rd 8 and 17 (219) 259-0103.

Laurel IN, call info for Earlywine ATV and ask for Chris or Nikki. They hold races at Haspin Acres.

www.MSWS.org They race a summer series and a winter series, but you have to travel.

If you join AMA (1-800 AMA-JOIN), which will have to to race anyway, they send you a monthly magazine and in the back, races are listed.

Go to a race and start talking to the racers and they will help.

You will be in Utility class with a recon or beginner 4-stroke.

P.S. A hare Scramble is usually between 6 and 12 miles and last 1.5 to 2 hours (3 to 6 laps). Get an extra set of gloves and goggles and keep good maintenance on your quad. If you want anymore info, you can email me. Good luck, you'll love it!

Nick

Old 11-29-2000, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

that is cool ...... i wish i could compete in one of them ..... what all do you need far as gear and money wise how much does it cost ? what if you win ? what happens then ? money prizes or nothing at all or what ? thanks for the info i might go to the one in plymouth just to go see and watch and stuff .... i wanna go into them that would be cool

Old 11-30-2000, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

Usually entry fees are from $20 to $45...

Required safety gear is usually a helmet and boots, and some series require a kill switch.

Usually for the non pro classes there is no payout, you will receive a plaque or trophy generally for the top 1/3 at least, some race series trophy deeper than that. Some series offer contingency prizes like goggles, gloves, etc...

The Pro classes are usually the only ones with a payout, and the payout depends on the number of entrys.... At my last race I took home $375 for winning the Pro class and the overall.. There were approx 65 ATV entrys in that race, if that gives you an idea of how it works...

Old 11-30-2000, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

cool kinda hefty on the entry price there .. lets say like 65 people enter would there be that many that finish like is there alot of breakdowns and like accidents and what not ? get hectic ? do you know of any websites that have like info and pics ? thanks

Quick Reply: Hare Scrambles