Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Need Help choosing my first quad

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Need Help choosing my first quad

The Polaris is not near as reliable as Honda. I would say the rincon or the bf. I love my Rincon and it will stay with the bf650. I like the way the Rincon handles. It handles more like a sport quad than utility. Look for a used rincon. Usually an 05 is like 5k.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: raidermike67
For $7800 get the Outlander 650.....Nothing wrong with the Rincon but you get a lot more with the Outlander. You should not have to pay over MSPR OTD, play dealer off of each other but stick to your guns.

You may not be familiar with the Bombardier/Can-Am name but they make Ski Doo/Sea Doo brands and make exceptional ATV's. The Outlander will smoke the Rincon.
Yeah, I know who they are. I'm in Miami...lots of beaches...lots of water toys. Their water products are outstanding and i'm sure their Outlander is a good machine. It's a little ugly though imo. They gave me those prices over the phone. I actually got a better price on the Foreman already and I'm hoping I can nag a Rincon for 7500-7800 OTD. If I can, it's a done deal.

When you say an Outlander will smoke a Rincon, do you mean on a straight run? In the mud? Trailing? All of the above?

Old 08-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats like the most votes for the "Ugly" award for a quad ive ever seen!

Old 08-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

When you say an Outlander will smoke a Rincon, do you mean on a straight run? In the mud? Trailing? All of the above>>>>>>>>

*All of the above. In sand the Outlander will eat the Rincon

Old 08-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've got it narrowed down to the Rincon and the BF 650i. If for whatever reason, I decide they're too pricy. Would the Foreman be the way to go? I can get an '06 foot shift right now for $5499 b4 taxes. I've also found an '06 Rubicon for $5999 b4 taxes. Is it worth the extra $500?

Old 08-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

You'd seriously choose the BF over the Outlander? I'm not knocking the BF but the Kawi utilities have a notorious reputation for their suspension IMO a MAJOR factor in deciding on which ATV to choose. Kawi sells you a beast of a motor though.

If you were using it for a lot of utilty work I'd suggest the Rubicon or Foreman but you mentioned mostly trail/sand riding, these machines will come up short in this area IMO, the Rincon is Honda's trail machine, that is exactly what it is designed/marketed for.

I only keep bringing up the Outlanders because like you, I thought they looked funny, dismissed them right off the batt and had no clue who they were made by. I was actually looking at a Wolverine by Yamaha when the salesman asked me to be open minded for a minute. He asked me if I had looked at the Oultanders, I said, well not really, they look kind of funny. I was set on getting the Wolverine BTW, just had a hard time finding a new one. This salesman was pretty cool, have dealt with him a few times since and he really knows his stuff. He shows me the Outlander and its features, I tell him I needed to go home and do some online research, I spend about four hours online reading up on their reviews AND the company that builds them. I was impressed with their design but was just as much if not more impressed with the company that builds them. The Rotax engines are bulletproof, they just have a different sound and feel then similar displacement engines. I ended up getting an Outlander 330, very solid built quad, never once broke down, comfortable ride etc. The only reason I sold it was because I'm getting either a 650 or a Renegade this fall.

I've learned some very expensive lessons in my quest for the "perfect for me" ATV. Bought and sold 5 different ATV's the past 30 months with one more to sell and one more to buy this fall.

The BF will run with the Outlander but once you hit the trails you'll notice the differences. The Rincon will ride the trails even better but there will be quite a difference in power since it's only a single cylinder.

Till 8/31 the Outlander comes with a free 3 yr warranty.

Good luck with your purchase! Ultimately it's all about what YOU are most comfortable with, not what a bunch of guys on a forum have to say. It's a great place to research info. and you will generally notice some pretty common comments about each different ATV....read enough and you'll be able to seperate the BS.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just got off the phone with a dealer that's about an 1hr away and he'll do an '06 Rincon for $7360 OTD. I think I've got myself my new bike!!!

Old 08-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Just got off the phone with a dealer that's about an 1hr away and he'll do an '06 Rincon for $7360 OTD. I think I've got myself my new bike!!! >>>>>>>>

Congrats! You got an awsome deal and I'm sure you'll enjoy your new quad. Sure wish I had EFI.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

My 06 Rincon was $6750 OTD from Chattanooga. There was no tax. I am assuming the price you just got has tax included. If so, it sounds like a real good deal. You will love the ride and handling of the Rincon and contrary to what you have been told, a 800 Outlander will not stomp it on the trail. Drag race- oh yeah! But not on the trail. I have a friend with the 800. We got on a mx course and by the 3rd turn, I took him on the inside. Also, nothing steers easier than a Rinny. I just rolled mine this weekend at Windrock. I broke my left wrist and rode that thing another 70 miles using only my right hand.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't regret getting the Rincon. That also sounds like a pretty good price too. The Rincon is a fantastic trail machine. It loves to be pushed hard. Uneven off camber stuff will start to make you smile. As you can tell I love the handling of mine. As far as the Bomb? Its a very pricey 4 wheeler , but you also get what you pay for. To me it feels heavy although it isn't. It takes alot of effort to steer it on uneven trails. This was my thoughts? I rode one about 15 miles this passed weekend. As far as ride and handling? I'll take the Rincon. Now as far as power? That Bomb is unreal. Its got crazy power. When you nail it things start happening too fast. On a hard packed gravel rode running 40mph it would spin the tires enough to get me sideways. I also raced him with my Rincon and it looked like i hit my brakes.
Anyway go get that Rincon and have some fun.

Quick Reply: Need Help choosing my first quad