Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Got my recall kit installed on my Rancher.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2000, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything went very nice , was done in less than 30 minutes. Pretty simple procedure and nothing to do except fill out my info on their paper to send to Honda.

Jay
2000 Rancher
Orange Crush

Old 12-03-2000, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah it was an easy fix. Its funny how some people were making a big deal out off a LITTLE fix but then again these are the same ones that don't ride Honda's either.

Old 12-03-2000, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

Did you get you recall notices in the mail first ?

Old 12-03-2000, 06:35 PM
Range Rover

If you would see some of the recalls that are done for auto manufaturers you would laugh. I worked at a dealer for a couple of years and did hundreds of recalls. Most of them seemed pretty ridiculous. You would be amazed at what a piece of 2-sided tape can fix. That could be a recall fix. Doesn't that make you feel much better?
Exer

Old 12-03-2000, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

Another recall, Dodge Caravan. Put washers on that are about the size of a nickel instead of the factory ones that were the size of a dime, and don't forget to put a drop of blue loctite on. I could go on and on with recall junk, but I think you get the idea.
Exer

Old 12-04-2000, 08:17 AM
Trailblazer

I had not received my recall letter, my local dealer didn't know Jack, so what the heck, I called Honda's customer service in California.

I spoke with a person who seemed knowledgable and said letters for Georgia were going out at the end of November. (Still haven't gotten the recall notice.)

He also said he knew of only one instance of a Rancher frame breaking when this rather "large" individual took his ATV over a 10 foot drop.

Old 12-04-2000, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

No , i never received anything in the mail, i just called the dealer and asked what i needed to bring and they said bring the bike and the keys, thats all we need.

Jay

Old 12-04-2000, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

No , i never received anything in the mail, i just called the dealer and asked what i needed to bring and they said bring the bike and the keys, thats all we need.

Jay

Old 12-05-2000, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Indeed, I started a thread about the pleasant experience, but it died a quick death <sobs>. But I am thrilled with the ease and professionalism with which it was handled.

BTW, It was my understanding, from the dealer, that it was easier to recall all bikes and make the change rather than inspect all to find out the ones with problems. That is what I call a committment to quality.

Old 12-05-2000, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Bigsqueeze,

I never received my letter in Washington. Contacted the dealer where I purchased the Rancher & he told me I wasn't on the list. He added me to the list.

Call your local dealer & tell them to put you on the list & when the brackets come in they will call. Its an easy fix 20 minutes.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Got my recall kit installed on my Rancher.