Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Is Honda going the way of Polaris?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2000, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What?????

It only took 20 minutes to install the brackets that everyone was making a big deal out off. I was just making a point.

Does it or does it not take you guys a little while to grease up the SP500?

Not a slam, just a statement.

Old 12-04-2000, 11:06 AM
Range Rover

Was the 300 4X4 manufactured in Japan? Could be the same reason Toyotas, Hondas etc came down a notch in quality once they opened plants in the good ol USA. My '86 Mazda PU was born over there, and I don't think any American-manufactured vehicle would have its overall quality. I heard somewhere that a welder in the South Carolina plant lacked somewhat in his work ethic--could be connected to the Rancher's problem?
Sorry, but we're lazy, unconscientious, and organized by labor unions whos main concern is giving their members a chip on their shoulders and taking dues to give to the DNC to help Gore. Now I don't know if Honda's plant is union, but the attitude kind of spills over doesn't it?

Old 12-04-2000, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

What was the Rubicon tranny recall for, and when did they do the recall?

Old 12-04-2000, 03:21 PM
Range Rover

Well, if you were just trying to make a point about the rancher recall, why did you include the Polaris comment???

SP500 in NS

Old 12-04-2000, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Our '93 300 4x4s were "made in the USA" (I think the engines have always been from Japan, though), and they are still taking a helluva beating.

Old 12-04-2000, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Its simple, just showing that the recall wasn't nothing major.

Oh, the Polaris comment, its no worse than some of the stuff that Polaris owners say about Honda's.
Is my statement about greasing up the Polaris true? You know it is. If you don't like greasing up the Polaris then trade it in on something that needs less maintenance.

Just trying to keep the public informed!

Old 12-04-2000, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

Yamaha sells products they know have a few defected parts too. Just look at the Raptor. My friend has had his Blaster in 3 different Yamaha dealers to try and figure out why it wouldn't run. Turned out to be a $15 dollar problem. Don't think I am bashing Yamaha I have one. Every manufacturer makes mistakes. At least when Honda knows a part is bad they recall it. They gave serial numbers as to which bikes they thought had problems and needed to be looked at. Mine was one of them and I took it in. All we had two do was have mechanic come out and make sure the breaks were put together right. So all those they recalled weren't bad they would just rather be safe and make sure no one gets hurt.

Old 12-04-2000, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

00HondaEX,

You are correct, every manufacturer has some issues or problems on quads. This seem to be more true for first year models.

I would rather a dealer do a recall than hide something from the consumers. If the recall was something major it might affect my opinion of Honda but it was only a minor recall.

Old 12-04-2000, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

These topic is a joke right?I can not beleive that a recall or recalls has anything to do with the quality and durability of a machine!I beleive it is just another way to find some dirt on honda! Honda's are enginered tough and durable.That is honda's way of doing things 450es 350es civic snowblower lawnmower rubicon"soon"

Old 12-04-2000, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

just like what Ford says about their vehicles "quality" and "durability" but they still aren't all that great, and they have had tons of major recalls on their vehicles. All companies have recalls, just some have more than others

Quick Reply: Is Honda going the way of Polaris?