Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

How do you fix a flat in the field?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you fix a flat in the field?

Plug kit, plug tool and rubber cement, I coat the plug in cement and pop it in. Never had a hitch. I have a small cheap 12v compressor, 1st one lasted 7 years knocking around the bike kit, gettin muddy, I just replaced it with another cheap 12v pump.

My crap *** factory tires were brutal for punctures, one nearly every trip. I installed 6ply Blackwaters and only had one since (6 years riding). I'm just now replacing the BW's with 6 ply Mut Lite XTR - radials.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

www.safetyseal.com

Old 10-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with the slime commments, It's never helped me with flats. I've had really bad luck with flats and will be replacing my tires on my Outlander with 6ply Holeshot ATR's.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a small hand tire pump mounted under the cover of my cargo box and a good plug kit in there too. Hopefully my 6 ply mudlites won't be harmed enough that I can't use a plug to fix it.

You can also get cans of sealant that top up the air in your tire as they seal it up. I think that's better than slime cause you only use it if you need it.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

AAA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I am fairly prone to flats becuase I am still runnin my stockers and ride really hard. The fix a flat cans that air up your tire at the same time are the chiznit. I was using plugs until my buddie tossed me a can of that stuff. That is the only way to go IMO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!

TIE A BOTTLE OF FIXaFLAT TO YOUR SIX PACK RACK, GET SOME PLUGS AND YOUR SET... THE LARGE BOTTLE OF FIXaFLAT WILL FILL YOUR TIRE AND THEN SOME......

I DO NOT RECOMMEND RUNNING FIXaFLAT IN YOUR TIRES ALL THE TIME, THE STUFF IS PRETTY HARSH ON YORU RIMS AND TIRES, IT WILL ACTUALLY EAT AWAY AT THE INSIDE OF YOUR TIRE MAKING IS WEAK, ONLY USE IT WHEN YOU NEED IT....

YOU REALLY DONT EVEN NEED PLUGS, TIME AND TIME AGAIN I HAVE FOUND A STICK THE SIZE OF THE HOLE STUFFED IT IN THE TIRE AND HIT UP THE FIXAFLAT, WAS READY TO ROLL (-:

Old 10-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

i use slime never had any trouble.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

i use my hub, hasnt happend to me yet but if it does i wont have the stuff and ill just ride it home gently

Old 10-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

I use the plug kit with the Co2... carry a little squirt bottle mixed with dish soap and water... have never had a problem finding the holes in my friends tires.... I run radials, have yet to puncture them... Also the Co2 cartridges are not all that expensive... same ones paint ball guns use and I bought a case of 12 for less than 12 bucks... One cartridge will handle a stock tire... remember Co2 goes in cold and will expand once you get the tire moving...

Problem with slime... when you blow a bead and have to reseat the tire that is a (expletive) mess I don't ever want to deal with again

Quick Reply: How do you fix a flat in the field?