Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Elections, are they out of control?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2000, 02:55 AM

are the elections getting out of control or is it just me, i flipped through the channels and 11 of the 45 i get were talking about the elections, thank god that the U.S. Supreme Court made the manual recounts stop and are hearing 45 mins for each side to state their oppinions, Gore and his lawyers are trying to change or bend the law to move the 25 Electoral votes to his column... just hope Bush wins

Old 12-10-2000, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Senior member Brian W. is age 14, I just can't bring myself to argue politics with you, you are still too young.

Nice 400ex

Old 12-10-2000, 10:51 PM
Range Rover

rhubler:

Where is Rossville?

KD

Old 12-10-2000, 11:24 PM

i'm only 14, so whats wrong with that dont think i know anything, watch the news more then u prob. think... the president is gonna influence my life and in 4 years i'll have a vote for president, dont tell me that i dont know anything about this

Old 12-11-2000, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider

When I was 14, I actually believed that some politicians were good people. Now I know that all politicians suck. All of them. Of every strip and political party. Just the fact that they're politicians. "America has no inheirtenly criminal class, except congress." Mark Twain

Old 12-11-2000, 11:44 AM
Range Rover

Hey im 15 and I think this election is just plain stupid. Gore should admit defeat, he has dragged this on way too long for anyone to really care. I bet if you asked 100 people that voted for gore you would probably find at least 70 of them that say that Gore should give up and save his image or whats left of it. I may be 15 but I still can think about the present and future.

Old 12-11-2000, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer

The guy is just making a point. Who cares if he is 14.
Rhubler your answer sounds like you are 15.

Old 12-11-2000, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

I, for one, being 35 want to encourage BrianW to keep up with the pursuit of information and knowledge. I personally don't care if he is only 14 and hasn't yet had the opportunity to vote, I'll listen to what his opinion is concerning the elcetions, and will continue to encourage him to express that notion.

What is wrong with people, and why do we discount their thoughts and opinions based upon age. I suppose that if he were just any slob, irregardless of whether or not they'd voted, sitting next to you that you'd accept their opinion upon the simple basis of age?

We talk about record voter turn-out, among registered voters, being 45-60% like that is some sort of miracle: well BULLS**T. If a young man is taking interest in the process of self governance, I for one admonish him for doing so. Maybe one day we will truly see good voter turn out with attitudes such as his.

Sorry if I offended. However, I've not been on my soap box in a while, and now I descend for a while.

Old 12-12-2000, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Really never too early to start thinking about it. When I was 18, I thought we were gonna change the world.

Old 12-12-2000, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

Turn the tables in this election and Bush would be doing the very same thing that Gore is, period.You are only fooling yourself if you think different.

At age 14 you should be learning as much as you can about the election process,but don't go into a forum and start something, go to these types of forums and read others opinions and learn something.

I would have respected you and answered much differently if your post went something like this.

I am not old enough to vote yet, but I think this election is out of control.

I think you probably wanted to get some arguements started and that no one would find out you aren't even old enough to vote. It didn't work out that way, did it.

Quick Reply: Elections, are they out of control?