Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX 300 x2

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX 300 x2

A friend gave me a 1988 TRX 300FW. It was owned by an old man who rarely used it. It sat outside for years and shows it ? but mechanically it's nearly new. It was running fine one day and the next day it would turn over but wouldn?t start.
Fast-forward a year ? Now I've got it.

It?s not Not firing ? checked the primary voltage at the coil - ZERO. So I checked the kill switch, and the fuses in the battery compartment ? all are fine. The next thing upstream is the CDI I think ? but I don?t have the manual in hand yet.

Does someone the ignition troubleshooting steps for this ATV? I?m ordering a manual but it?ll take a week and I?m itching to ride this thing.
Like I said ? I checked the voltage at the coil with the key on while in neutral ? everything works ? it turns over fine but there is no voltage at the coil.

I?m amazed with the number of these ATV?s out there (it?s like the single most popular atv in the US) there is very little on the web for this thing.

I would appreciate any advice or assistance anyone has for me. I?ve got a multimeter and am a decent mechanic given an accurate wiring diagram.

If this isn't the proper place for asking this - my email is atv@linearrow.com

Old 01-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX 300 x2

What is with all the question marks?

Old 01-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default TRX 300 x2

Good question - I did'nt enter them all....