Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

First and last Honda!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First and last Honda!

32 days!!!??? by now you could have pushed it back to Southern and they would have ya fixed up. These are very simple machines. The mechanic you took it to is an idiot. It shoul run WITHOUT the jet!! (well, maybe not the idle jet). But the Idle jet is easy to replace, and should be in stock. Ask him what it should have then call around and buy one elsewhere. They're less than $2.

Many local shop mechanics dont know how to tune a carb, They're just "parts changers"

Maybe yer valves need adjusting. A lazy tech wont want to do that, but again, thats pretty easy too.

Complain about yer local guy and it affects maybe 1 sale (if that) Complain about the big guy and it could be enough to stop others from travelling 450 miles to risk getting "jobbed." Its ALWAYS better to go back to the original store because they already know yer not a tire-kicker. They want repeat business!!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Gamudpuppy
Something to think about... Southern powersports in Chattanooga does not do financing through Honda, I wonder why?
Uh, mine is through Honda and I got it there.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Gamudpuppy
Wrong my friend! Honda dealers are not in business to do service work first. 32 days and counting still have not got it fixed. Have called Honda customer service two times. I am 48 years old and have bought numerous trucks, cars, tractors,atvs,cycles,etc... my first Honda though. I have never in my life gotten such a lemon and run around from dealers. Honda dealers in the middle Georgia area are the worst I have ever seen.

Well I can honestly say that if that is the way Honda (atv) dealers are I will definetly never buy one, but most of the car dealers are not that way(I know from experience, but there are always a bad few). The local Honda atv dealer here in Harrison AR is not worth a crap either, so I wouldnt buy from them if they were 500 cheaper than springield MO, which is 2 hours drive for me. But I love my Yamaha's too much to switch brands now, even though I have had a Honda dirt bike, Kawasaki dirt bike, Honda atv and a Husky dirt bike, I still only have my Yamaha's left because they have stayed by me through everything.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I could have sworn salesman (Patrick ) told me they didn't. Because I did ask if they had any special rates going and he said no but anyway I guess I was wrong. I deeply apologize! I have not gotten any help from Honda customer care so I think I'm going to go get it tomorrow and just try to fix it myself (what a shame). Thanks again for the replies. I'm outta here because I'm so frustrated I might say something that I later regret. Pray for me.
Thanks.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

WoW, Now that this can of worms has been opened with this particular dealer let me tell you my recent experience with them. I called before I arrived at the dealer to do as much of the deal I can over the phone, from model to color and what time to meet my salesman and the Honda was supposed to be ready to go. When I arrived a 3 hour drive, they did not know who I was, salesman was out to lunch and no atv pulled aside so we started from scratch. This process literally took hours and I will sware today that its all done on purpose to work out the way it did, ie; I financed through them as most people do, there was hardly anyone there that day yet the wait time was hours, then this girl that looks like a wanna be model has the papers ready to sign...at that point you are so ready to get the h_ll out of there unless your single and/or think you can get a cheap date...anyway sign away...about the only thing I looked for was the discount price which was correct. I get home and go for my first ride...the thing bounces on smooth pavement like a galloping horse....I immediately call the dealer and they say give it a few hundred miles its the tires from sitting so long (an '06 in '06?) I did'nt buy that answer and concluded on my own a bent axle or the like. I took it to the local dealer and confirmed it was bent probably in from factory frieght. That night I sat down and decided to take a look over my paperwork...low and behold I signed up for CRAP I did not even realize at the time (gap ins, theft ins, etc, etc) gold this platinum that..they even upped the interest rate they promised over the phone, the way it was presented they made you think all this cr_p they added was PART of the deal, which brought my original $1,300 savings well into a loss...now granted its my fault for NOT reading the fine print then but I could not wait to get out of there, and I will also admit my eye caught cleavage when it should have caught $$$.....lol.....nonetheless this was ALL wrong so in the a.m. I was there and had them redo it all, a new atv interest rate as advertised and promised minus all the garbage. I can't say anything bad because they made it right, but please guys CAVEAT EMPTOR (let the buyer beware). You get what you pay for, you do save quite a bit but lose the personal attention of your local dealer. My Honda has been great and have had no problems but if I had to do it again I would pay more and get one from my local dealer to have that service if you need it.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

12 hours travel
untold hours at the dealer 2X
gas
frustration
half hour typing the story

at least ya learned yer lesson!!

Old 02-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer

Dont fell bad man my bud bought an 06 ltr 450 and has been through 4 tranies in 8 months nad a few other things

Old 02-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Kinda sounds like its your Bud.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Honda dealer in Milledgeville Ga. kept my atv 39 days to clean the carb. because engine was not idleing correctly but was rideable. After 39 days I went to pick it up they charged me $88 (atv only has 21 hrs. on it I thought warranty covered that) It would hardly run when I picked it up sputtering,smoking they said they didn't know what was wrong, it was running much worse than when I took it there had to push it on the trailer. I called Honda they told me to take it where I bought it to Chattanooga. I take it to Chattanooga 5 hr. drive one way, they fix it in 1 hr. This is the statement from Tech. in Chattanooga: Bike was running extremely rich so much so it was blowing gas out of the exhaust. Tech. found that needle jet seat was missing,side cover of carb was missing, o rings were missing from idle mixture screw. Tech. in Milledgeville Ga. left these parts out. But it runs great now and I really like the machine. But I still don't think I'll buy another Honda because of their crappy dealer network. Not all of them though. SHO GLAD I GOT IT FIXED!!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Just goes to show how some dealers just push stuff out the door, Sorr but it should have have right from the start. Far as the shift motor failing, if it would have ran right from the start would you still behappy with it?

No dealer should ever tell a custmer that if they don't buy it from them that, they are not going to make a effort to fix it in a timely manner.

Quick Reply: First and last Honda!