Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

$3000 '04 Rincon with 150 miles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007 | 10:40 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default $3000 '04 Rincon with 150 miles?

I just sent this e-mail to the site managers, just thought you all might be interested too. Just proves that old adage "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is":

Hello,
I just wanted to let you know that I have been corresponding with a person about buying their atv from an ad they posted on your classifieds. I have discovered that it is a scam! The add is for a '04 honda rincon for $3000. The seller's name is "Kaamran Hafeez"
The seller would send pics and discuss the machine until you became interested to buy, then he would e-mail you saying he just moved to London for a new job but could ship it thru a 3rd party shipper. When he e-mails you the shipper info its from a bogus website based on the real company's website. From the bogus website you'll get a tracking number and a link to a bogus "Western Union" where I'm sure you can make your payment. I obviously didn't go that far. I thought something was fishy from the web address he gave me for the shipper didn't have any phone number contacts on it. I just wanted to let you know so you could pull the ad.

Old 01-26-2007 | 02:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default $3000 '04 Rincon with 150 miles?

good looking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2010 | 01:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Will the real Kaamran Hafeez please stand up

Hello,

My name is Kaamran Hafeez, the real Kaamran Hafeez. Some ************************************************* has been using my name to post fake ads on numerous websites. I suspect it is a scammer I came across on Craigslist in 2006 who was posting fake ads for rental units. I sent him a sarcastic e-mail and since then he seems to have started using my name, I suppose out of spite. His trademark is to use broken english in a transparent and lame attempt to make you think he is an innocent foreigner.

Obviously when someone is operating a scam, a person does not use their real name. So obviously he is not Kaamran Hafeez, I am. I wish I knew his name and identity so I could report him to the authorities. In fact, that is what I will look in to subsequent to this posting.

I was going to apologize on his behalf, but why should I? I took him to task for posting fake ads a coupl years ago, now he's using my name to spite me. The law of balance, aka Karma, will provide justice.

Thank you for your cooperation in reporting this fraudster whenever possible.

Sincerely,
Kaamran Hafeez