Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

G-THUNDER 440 KIT?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2000, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ON G-THUNDER 440 KIT DID ANYONE GET PORT AND POLISHED. HOW ABOUT THE 3 ANGLE VALVE JOB, HEAVY DUTY SPRINGS WITH TITANIUM RETAINERS. HARD FACED ROCKERS. AND A LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL. I'M THINKING ABOUT TAKING MINE UP IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. RELIABILITY IS OF THE MAIN IMPORTANCE WITH THE ADDED POWER. ANY PROBLEMS???? WHAT OCTANE LEVEL ARE YOU RUNNING? ALSO GOING WITH HINSON CLUTCH BASKET PRESSURE PLATE AND HUB, 8-PLATE CLUTCH.

Old 12-17-2000, 01:40 PM
Trailblazer

I had zero work done to my valve train. No hard faced rockers, nothing. I have had no problems either. GTT owner (Lazarus) didnt suggest any valve train work as being absolutely necessary. I am not saying that you shouldnt modify your valve train, but I dont know that you have to. I use premium pump gas (93 octane) with my 11:1 wiseco and have had no problems. I would make sure you use quality premium gas though. All gasoline is not the same. I still have the stock clutch as well. Lazarus said unless you race the bike and slip the clutch alot that the stock unit will be ok. I will probably still update to a Hinson basket and GTT clutch kit as well. What you may want to consider is replacing your stock carb. A Keihin FCR is really supposed to wake up a 440 kit. Lazarus suggests the 41mm, though most that I have seen use the 39mm. Later.

Old 12-17-2000, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

THANKS FOR THE INFO. DO YOU KNOW HOW LOUD THERE EXAUST IS. EVERYONE I'VE HEARD SAID 108 TO 112 OCTANE IS NECCESSARY. THANKS AGAIN.

Old 12-17-2000, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer

I dont know what the decibel number is on the GTT exhaust. It is loud though. Nice pipe. Its the pipe he shows on his web site under "news". Check it out. I am not sure how it compares to other tuner pipes like a Curtis Sparks or a LRD pipe. If you have any questions e-mail GTT. Lazarus will pretty much always resond within 24hrs to any questions that you might have. He is very helpful. Later

Old 12-17-2000, 06:28 PM
Trailblazer

THANKS AGAIN, DO YOU KNOW IF THE EXHAUST IS STAINLESS STEEL OR ALUMINUM? I HAVEN'T SEEN CURTIS SPARKS EXHAST YET. HOW DOE'S IT COMPARE? WHAT ARE YOU DYNO AT WITH STOCK CARB? DOE'S GT EXAUST COME WITH SPARK AREESTER OR OPTIONAL?

Old 12-17-2000, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer

GTT exhaust is steel. Mine is chromed. Can get it unfinished if you like. I dont know how it compares to a Curtis Sparks or LRD. I am sure that it is at the very least, just as good. GTT does extensive dyno testing so he (Lazarus) knows exactly what makes horsepower and what doesnt. My bike with the stock carb, choke plate removed, made exactly 40 horses with the 440 kit, cam, and his exhaust. I also had mild port work done on the head. He calls it "play" porting. It is only $50. I might have him go back and fully port the head when I get my new carb. He doesnt recommend race porting unless you have bigger carb and hi-flow exhaust. I dont know if he makes a spark arrestor or not that is something I have been wanting to ask him. It is a full race pipe so I dont know if he does or not. Like I said Lazarus is very helpful so e-mail him with any of your questions I have not answered. It is to hard to get him on the phone during the day so you are better off to e-mail him. Later.

Old 12-17-2000, 07:55 PM
LDJ
Pro Rider

I had GT Thunder do a race port and 3-angle valve job on my 400EX. It really woke it up a lot, but I can feel the restriction of my big gun pipe, so I am ordering the DMC real soon. GT Thunder was quick with returning my head and did a great job, I would highly recommend them.

Old 12-17-2000, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

THANKS AGAIN. THE ONLY THING BAD ABOUT STEEL, HEAVY AND RUSTS. THAT WAS MY MAIN CONCERN. HAVE 400 EX DG SKID, SWINGARM, A-ARM SKIDS, AC-BUMPER, WB CDI, RENTHAL BARS AND GRIPS, FMF 909 QUICK ADJUST CLUTCH LEVER, LEVER SKINS, DG HEADLIGHT GUARD,TM-DESIGN CHAIN ROLLER, AND SHIFT SAVER, POWER SHIFTER, RAZOR TIRES ON DOUGLAS RIMS. P.E.P FRONT SHOCKS WITH COVERS. WB-EXAUST. I'M GOING TO HAVE GT-THUNDER IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS INSTALL 440 KIT MID-RANGE CAM , PORT AND POLISH, 3-ANGLE VALVE JOB, HEAVYDUTY SPINGS WITH TITANIUM RETAINERS, LIGHTEN FLYWHEEL. COMPLETE EXAUST???? LAEGER SWINGARM, LONSTAR AXLE WITH ANTI-FADE LOCKNUT. SUNSTAR SPROCKETS 15-37 , D.I.D X-RING CHAIN, STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES, LONESTAR ANTI-VIBE STEERING STEM, TM-DESIGN CHAIN SLIDER, FX-GRAPHICS AND SEATCOVER. HINSON CLUTCH BASKET, PRESSURE PLATE AND HUB. 8 FIBERS, 7 STEEL O.E.M. 39MM ELDEBROCK QUICK SILVER CARB. HOPE I WILL BE FINSHED FOR A WHILE. I HAVE EVERY TO BE PUT ON EXCEPT FOR THE BRAKE LINES, SPROCKETS AND CHAIN, WHICH I DID'NT KNOW THE LENGTH FOR.

Old 12-19-2000, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer

I checked my GTT exhaust. The header is steel and the silencer is aluminum. I also checked the Big Gun that I had on the bike before. It is the same, steel header alum silencer. I think this is how most pipes are made. Later