Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

26' MUDLITE XL's fit on an '06 Foreman ES?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26' MUDLITE XL's fit on an '06 Foreman ES?

As i mentioned about a week ago, im about to purchase a 2006 Honda Foreman 500 ES.. I will want to change the tires immediately. I am planning on going with 26inch MudLite XL's on ITP Tpye 7 Machined Rims.. Will i have ANY problems AT ALL with these tires and rims fitting on the Foreman??? Will there be any rubbing? Or should i just go with the 25 inch XL's?????

Thanks and please help.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Range Rover

you woudlnt have a problem at all. i've seen 29.5in with no lift. i plan on gettin 27in mudzillas and i'm not goign to lift it. if you want some good info on your foreman 500 go to this awsome page .

bowz

Old 03-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well only going up 1 size will give you only 1/2 inch of extra ground clearance but a whole lot of power loss. I would stay with teh 25" xl's because these tires take alot of power in the mud. I had xl's and got rid of them. They are too agressive and like to dig straight down. You need a tire that floats bettern in the mud not dig down. I then went to swamplites and could not be happier. I have all my power back and it does way better in the mud now. The mud lite xl's dont clean out allthat well expecially if you dont have all your power to turn them. On a forman I dont think they will do that well. I would try a better tire. Like I said a 26 xl will really rob power and you will get no gains so stay stock size if you go with the xl's.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

you really think they'll bog it down 'that' much?? My cousin has an '04 Foreman 450 S and he has 26inch ITP 589 M/S tires on his and i drive it all the time, and they also have another 450 ES which is stock and it seems like the 450S didnt lose hardly any power at all.... and i've heard that its a really good mud tire but i dunno now, i may have to take a second look....

I do plan on doing 3 things to my Foreman though once i get it...... performance wise....
1. Performance Exhaust Tip (ebay)
2. K&N Filter
3. Jet Kit

SO maybe some of those things^^ would give me back that power???

Old 03-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Range Rover

I dont think you will have any problums at all I run 27' ITP 589s on my rubicon and on the foreman 500es I switch them back and forth. I did have a slite power loss on both atvs so I put in stage one power kit and no more problems getting through stuff or climing you will be fine with 26inch MudLite XL's. I see you are planing to get a jet kit and a K&N filter the kit I got is from quad works comes with dyno jet kit and K&N filter and a outer ware pre filter.
let me know how that mufler tip works if you feel any change. good luck

Old 03-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

same here on that tip, i want something untill i can aford a hmf utility. so keep us posted.

bowz

Old 03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a brand new '07 Foreman S with 26" Mudlight Xl's on the stock rims. Power loss?? Huh?? This thing is ridiculous in the swampy stuff around here in S. Louisiana. With myself (relatively light around 170lbs) and a buddy (pretty big, around 250lbs) on the the bike it was tearing through the swamp like it was nothing in 2WD. The only thing to stop it so far.......high centered on a DEEP rut with all 4 wheels spinning free. That's it! If it can grab, it's going. End of story. Power loss has not been an issue. With 26" you'll have plenty of clearance, though most I've seen opt for the 27's instead. I'm very happy with the 26's. Just my 2-cents.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

In Pa we dont have swamps. We have thick goopy peanutbutter like mud. I guess if you live more south where there is swamps the Mudlites will do good. The mud here is rediculouse. Thats why I went with a different tire. I never had a problem turning them in creekbeds or shallow ponds. Never been in a swamp.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

DD783 you sound like the exact type of rider as me. I live in the South. I will be riding in the mud/water/swamps not too much, but alot.. And im around 165/170lbs.. And we'll technically be riding the same quad except i'll have the ES .. But anyway, so you dont see much, if any power loss after adding your MudLite XL's??? How much more have they helped in performance in the mud over the stock tires??? Do you regret buying them? You seem like the perfect solution to my problem lol.. I cant wait to get my Foreman... Should be this weekend.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

I'm also a little sketchy about getting the MudLite XL's... I've always wanted to try them out but im not sure if now is the right time.. Me and all the people i ride with have either stock tires or 589's... And i love the 589's that i had on my Sportsman 700. And so im thinking about going back to those because i know what to expect... But anyway, im still probably going to get the MudLite XL's... im just having second thoughts and i have no expierence with them.

Quick Reply: 26' MUDLITE XL's fit on an '06 Foreman ES?