Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

How much power

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much power

that would have to be one bad mother, shut your mouth im just talking about the 300ex!! but seriously how can you make up for a 100cc's, reguardless of the mods unless it was nos!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default How much power

my 300ex is not stock but it was not checked at the rear wheels but on a motorcycles engine dyno.checking at rear the wheels is a big diff from the 12th front sproket. the just did a speed check and it tops at 57mph (with 14th front and 22in tires) still got more to do to get it to beat 400 but im taking the eazy way out buying a fastier quad. rejeting the carb makes a big diff i know when i change my carb it was completly different machine.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default How much power

Originally posted by: mykool61679
but seriously how can you make up for a 100cc's, reguardless of the mods unless it was nos!!!!!!!!!!!!
you can get an 330ex kit with 10to1 cpr (so you can still run pump gas 91) or you can got highier with a 12to1 cpr but you need to run race fuel

Old 03-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default How much power

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Originally posted by: DVXDUDE
^^^yup...a STOCK 300ex will not touch 20hp....maaaaaybe 19 if your luckymaybe the new ones are a bit quicker??? i've just talking like 2000-2004 ones i've seen
It's amazing the misinformation that gets spilled out. Get your pen and legal paper out girls......it's 13 HP.....thats it. What do you expect from a 282cc low compression and low state of tune fire breathing monster? If someone recommends a DG pipe this thread is going in the trash can. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
all quads run under 9to1 cpr to compare it to a 350warrior
honda 300ex
282cc
4vaules
8.9to1 cpr
21hp when under the condistions edelbrock.com tested them on
open airbox, aftermarket exhaust, and 91octane fuel,stock filters, ignition
take off four you get 17hp is about stock
warrior
348cc
2vaules
8.7to1 cpr
23hp when under the same condistions as the 300ex
19hp is about stock

Old 03-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default How much power

every one on here should check out sports quads under sports quads horsepower. they have a site with the real gov hp rating on every quad (they are not checked on the wheels) and they have what the % of diff from rear wheels hp and engine alone hp

Old 03-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default How much power

First of all no disrespect to the 300ex owners out there but I would never by one.. they have factory defects with the engine mounts putting to much pressure on the crank case which inevidably ends up putting stress cracks on it. My best friend has a 05 300ex that is stock and the thing is gutless as can be, mind you this is an imaculate quad(brand spanking new). There is no way that a 300 would ever compare to a 400, the parts are lower quality and its just plain not ment for a race bike... more or less a sport recreation. If you want a slip on pipe that adds good power and has great sound without being loud enough to make it obnoxcious (spelling?) than I would recomend the WB E-Series slip on. I got mine for a mere $200 off ebay and it has interchangeable discs which allow for fine tuning of your bottom top and mid range power. If you put a top of the line yoshimira pipe on a sport-recreation quad such as the 300ex than you are crazy.. I mean if you really wanted to gain that much power, than why not buy a 400?
By the way I hope nobody takes offence to this because I am only trying to answer questions, Im new here an it seems like a great forum with lots of helpful info.
CGriff

Old 03-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default How much power

Originally posted by: CGriff
First of all no disrespect to the 300ex owners out there but I would never by one.. they have factory defects with the engine mounts putting to much pressure on the crank case which inevidably ends up putting stress cracks on it. My best friend has a 05 300ex that is stock and the thing is gutless as can be, mind you this is an imaculate quad(brand spanking new). There is no way that a 300 would ever compare to a 400, the parts are lower quality and its just plain not ment for a race bike... more or less a sport recreation. If you want a slip on pipe that adds good power and has great sound without being loud enough to make it obnoxcious (spelling?) than I would recomend the WB E-Series slip on. I got mine for a mere $200 off ebay and it has interchangeable discs which allow for fine tuning of your bottom top and mid range power. If you put a top of the line yoshimira pipe on a sport-recreation quad such as the 300ex than you are crazy.. I mean if you really wanted to gain that much power, than why not buy a 400?
By the way I hope nobody takes offence to this because I am only trying to answer questions, Im new here an it seems like a great forum with lots of helpful info.
CGriff
It obvious you have never stepped foot on a race track with that sort of input.

click

I guess you are supposed to go from racing 90cc straight to 400cc right?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default How much power

LMAO ummmm my first quad ever was a 400ex I got it 3 years ago.... thats all I need to say... o wait another thing is I go to watch races all the time and I never seen a 300ex once. Like I said in my last post it wasnt ment to be offensive if you cant handle peoples opinions then dont ask for them.
CGriff
PS thats a very nice looking 300ex that you have there, but like I said befor if you want that much more power, why not just get a 400

Old 03-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default How much power

Originally posted by: CGriff
LMAO ummmm my first quad ever was a 400ex I got it 3 years ago.... thats all I need to say... o wait another thing is I go to watch races all the time and I never seen a 300ex once. Like I said in my last post it wasnt ment to be offensive if you cant handle peoples opinions then dont ask for them.
CGriff
PS thats a very nice looking 300ex that you have there, but like I said befor if you want that much more power, why not just get a 400
The 300ex was bought as a step over the 90cc desert cat you see in the pics.....I do not see my sister jumping from a 90cc to a 400cc.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default How much power

Well squeege I was unaware that the 300 was your sisters.. and I am also sry that you felt disrespected by what I said.. I was only trying to be part of the thread.. Good luck with the 300.
CGriff

Quick Reply: How much power