Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Ticking Noise Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticking Noise Rubicon

Joe, I will be happy to send some pictures, I have almost mastered the use of the camera and can at least e-mail them to an e-mail address.....It sounds like we travel some of the same locations. The Umapine trailhead has a series of ATV trails that will lead a person toward Ukiah a long ways or going the other direction takes you to Tony Vey Meadows and the Grande Ronde River. We also travel a lot in the Mt. Emily area, using old logging roads, the old Pelican Creek stage coach route and the Oregon Trail.........5 Points Creek has some interesting areas in it also. The USFS through the language in the Federal Access Travel Management documents is about to make everywhere we ride on Public ground in Oregon totally off limits. Seems that they have even come up with a name for folks that like to travel the seldom used areas. We are called "Rogue Riders", What do you think of those apples Joe? We are now an official enemy and target of the USFS............Reminds me a bit of "Charlie" trying to find and eliminate me in 1965........Tass

Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 PM
JRM
Pro Rider

Yup, im right with you- I joined www.blueribbon.org years ago and have been attending meetings yearly. the idea of "closed unless posted open" is and always should be illegal. That and over here on the west side they are spending millions in ripping up perfectly good 2 lane paved roads with a D-12 and a EX330 and then issueing huge tickets if you ride on the old road bed.
Crazy times,
Joe

Old 04-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

Joe, I e-mailed you the pictures of the cam and the rear support cam bearing.......They show very well the failure of the bearing cage. Do you think you could send those pictures back to this forum? I suspect some of the folks that read this thread would be interested in what you are looking at. I will try to send them again but its a real bummer being such a computer idiot..........Tass

Old 04-18-2007, 10:00 PM
JRM
Pro Rider

I never recieved the pictures, i will send you a PM. I also dont know how to submit photos onto this page- sorry.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Range Rover

I finally got the pictures of the bearing and cam to Joe but it seems my files are too large to download into this system. If anyone is interested in the photographs send me a private message with your address and I will forward them to you. They are quite interesting......Tass