Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ok for those of you out there that have riding boots

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2000, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have alpinestars and rasing my shifter up a little. it works great and my friends that dont have riding boots say my bike it hard to shift. i told them its my bike it set up for me. My friend had a banshee and i couldnt ride it becasue my boot wouldnt fit underneath. Now he bought fox riding boots and had to raise his shifter.

Old 12-22-2000, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It will take time to get used to riding with them. Get the boots wet and walk around in them. The oil and saddle soap works great, but after them get them wet and wear them. This helps break the leather in. Right now around here it might not be a good idea to have wet boots on. It is about 5 outside here today.
Check the height of your shifter and move it if neededand on some quads you can also adjust the height of the brake pedal.

Old 12-22-2000, 05:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i prefer to ride trails with them on because mine are so comfort able (dunno what breed they are!)

i got use to mine real quick

didn't get any blisters neither!

they do feel funny at the start but that is mainly because of the ankle support

....run them in?.....plan a hellish day ride....force ya self to wear them......you'll get use to them quick....get all your blisters at once (less painful...lol)

mucking round and at work (spend a lot of time on a atv) i don't wear them because its just not practical ....but elsewhere i do...

they are cheap insurance....protection

the human body doesn't come with replacement parts

ride hard!

Old 12-22-2000, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

try soaking them in water for about 30 minutes. Then put them on and walk them dry. Then after they have dried completely, spray them down with something that will protect the leather.

You have to soften up the leather in the flex joints. I always rode my XR with them on, and they saved me several hundred dollars in Dr. trips I'm sure.

Old 12-22-2000, 12:41 PM
Range Rover

buy an automatic....

Old 12-22-2000, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

I ride the dunes alot, and bought a pair of $29.95 Wal-Mart steel-toe boots. They have suprising support in their uppers, along with thick, padded leather, which have come in handy when those 6-8 foot witches-eyes jump out in front of you. One night ride a witches-eye caught me off guard, my right foot raked between the foot-peg and back brake lever. Had I not been wearing the trusty Wal-Marters.......there would have been hell to pay for sure... They are also suprisingly comfortable for walking around camp in the sand. Maybe someday I'll invest in nerf bars.....hmmmm I wonder if they carry them at Wal-Mart????!!!!

Old 12-23-2000, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

well i wore them around the house

moved my shifter up

you guys are right. I now love them!!

i rode for about 2 hours today..i didn't miss a shift. I feel a lot better with them

thanks for all the encouragement

Old 12-24-2000, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm intrigued, what are witch's eye's?

Old 12-24-2000, 08:42 AM
Trailblazer

TAKE A PRESSURE WASHER WITH SOAP TO THEM A FEW TIMES, AND THEN SPRAY SILICONE THEM.

Old 12-26-2000, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

Greetings,

OK, so things are working out now, but for those of you out there still working with stiff boots, visit your local tack shop. Horse people have all sorts of stuff to soften and protect leather. I've soaked a crusty old bridle in Lexol and had it look like new.

Also, for a good compromise boot, you might want to consider good old engineer/biker boots. They come in low or high top styles, are easy on/off with the buckles, absorb vibration well, offer steel toes as an option, and are cheap.

Quick Reply: ok for those of you out there that have riding boots