Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

In a Bind ... 300 4Trax ..... need ICM .... help

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In a Bind ... 300 4Trax ..... need ICM .... help

Been out of commission with my 1998 4TRX 300 since late December.

Back in the spring of '05 crunched into a Sportsman 700 after a day in the woods. Had substantial body damage with a bit of frame work needed. Got it all fixed and and all was well until this fall when I started having unexplainable ignition failures .... (I hate electrical troubleshooting). Finally found a crack in the housing of the Ignition Control Module which I assume is letting the elements into and has corrupted the circuit board(s).

Now the issue .... this item is on backorder (since November '06) at my local Honda dealership (2nd largest in Texas) and on back order from everyu other dealership I could chase down in the WWW. Apparently this component is manufactured by Mitsubishi and there are none in stock ....... anywhere.......that I can find. I've search for the part at several salvage places in the Houston area with no luck. I'm in a bind!

I use my machine almost daily when I'm not putting in my normal 12 hour shift at work and it is sorely missed. I am also PO'd at Honda ........I've recieved no help or hope from the Powersports Customer Service folks . I have been looking at a new ride for about a year and was only looking at Honda but now I'm thinking of going over to the Dark Side ..... yes....a Yammie![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] A Griz 660 is looking good right now!. I love my little woods machine as it has been bullet proof for thousands of hours but I'm at the end of my rope!

I'm willing to listen to any suggestions, or is there another route I could go? I think this particular part was only used on the '98-'99 models. Help!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]