Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton 90 Viper 4 Stroke

Old 08-14-2015, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton 90 Viper 4 Stroke

Hello

I have been having an issue with my Eton 90 Viper 4-stroke ....

Just to cut to the chase , essentially what is happening , it starts fine ....however when I engage with the shift selector into forward from neutral after starting it is random which gear it goes into ..... sometimes it goes into forward ....sometimes reverse ....sometimes not into any gear ... sometimes moving the shift selector results in the quad motor shutting off ....and of course always using the clutch handle prior to shifting .

In addition to this information , when the motor is off and only the ignition switch is on .... moving the selector switch to any gear ( forward / neutral / reverse ) ... it works fine and consistently as I am able to test this by moving the quads rear wheels to see what gear it is in .... the random problem happens when the shift selector is used when the motor is running ..... which of course is the most important time

Things I have done that have been recommended to me that have made no difference what so ever :

1. changed out the shift selector to a new one as I was told most likey it was worn out
2. changed out the CDI main computer unit to a new one as I told it was probably faulty
3. changed out the ignition switch and assembly

Any assistance from anyone who knows Etons well would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mike