Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Whats so great about honda? No personal attacks please

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats so great about honda?

Ryan, for the most part those "Jap" machines are built right here in the USA! It is manufacturing QUALITY CONTROL that counts, and that is where they excell over everybody else.

Got to say that in terms of quality, I would be willing to spend my hard earned money on anything that was made by the "Big 4", but of course only if I also liked the design.

I could never see myself buying from any of the "North American" companies, either Can-Am, A-Cat, and absolutely not Polaris.....they all build big and heavy...no thanks. And all the oriental "off brands" will give an owner more trouble than their lower purchase prices are worth.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll tell ya how Honda won me over. My uncle bought a new Honda 250 Big Red three-wheeler in 1986. It was a farm vehicle and was used that way. The thing would pull anything and everything. I learned to drive on it and so did my little brother (Who could tear up a steel ball with a rubber hammer) when he came along a few years later. About 6 months ago I got into riding again and didn't have anything to ride. I turned to the ol' Big Red, which was still being used as a farm vehicle and weekend fun for my 18 year old brother. Me and bro traded off and drove the thing all over. Hills, mountains, sand, everywhere. Now we both have 400EX's but if anybody goes with us or we need an extra Big Red is still there. NOTHING has been done to Big Red except Tires and Oil change. I figured if that is the kind of quality that most Honda's are built with than they will get my business.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

Honda is excellent for reliability...... and many other things....

I think Suzuki deserves more credit than they get in the ATV world for reliability... both of the Suzuki's I've owned have been amazingly reliable.

The thing about Honda, is that they focus on perfecting the same machines over years, while Yamaha and Suzuki tend to be the more innovative in the industry. This puts them somewhat more at risk for failure.

Sometimes Yamaha is too innovative for their own good.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Red Rider

Knockoffs are the sincerest form of flattery.......if you look at the Suzuki Z400 frame geometry, it is a 400EX knockoff. If you look at the Suzuki Ozark, it is a Recon knockoff. If you look at the Suzuki 250, it is a 250EX knockoff.

They can all now try to play catchup to the new Rancher 420, and if you want to finish (much less win) any of the big desert endurance races you had better be on a Honda 450R!

Old 04-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've owned every major brand ATV on the planet and Honda sure takes it sweet time coming out with the other features that the other manufactures had put in their line-up, YEARS ago.

Let me make a point here,

How long did it take Honda to put disk brakes on its Utility ATVs?[Can u say LEAKY DRUMS!]
How long did it take Honda to add EFI?
Honda STILL does not offer adjustable shocks ON ITS 4X4s, has a very poor low range on its flagship 4x4 [Rincon],,does not offer a twin engine,and does not have a Diff locker on ANY of its 4x4 ATVs.

I know this is not going to go over well with the Honda worshippers, however, after OWNING Honda ATV's for awhile, Honda would be my LAST CHOICE for a Utility 4x4 out of ALL the major brand 4x4 ATVs on the market---PERIOD!

Old 04-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: reconranger
Knockoffs are the sincerest form of flattery.......if you look at the Suzuki Z400 frame geometry, it is a 400EX knockoff. If you look at the Suzuki Ozark, it is a Recon knockoff. If you look at the Suzuki 250, it is a 250EX knockoff.

They can all now try to play catchup to the new Rancher 420, and if you want to finish (much less win) any of the big desert endurance races you had better be on a Honda 450R!

oh ya their bending over backwards looking for drum brakes, a solid rear axle and the ground clearance of a sport quad lol!

Old 04-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Red Rider

Honda has been the industries best selling quad for an eternity....and the Rancher is Honda's best selling quad! What does that tell us about the REAL WORLD MARKET that exists out there???

The folks that tend to frequent a forum like this are enthusiasts, and of course are going to want the largest displacement, latest, greatest, feature laden machines. But, what does the majority of the "real" quad purchasing public actually want??? It's not a monster mud bogger.....it's not a monster work quad....it's not a massive displacement big bore....it doesn't cost a fortune, and it doesn't even have IRS!

Honda knows exactly where it's market is, and just exactly what the average buyer wants! ALL THE MAJORITY OF QUAD BUYERS WANT (OR EVER NEED!) IS A NICE HANDLING LITTLE TRAIL MACHINE, THAT DOESN'T COST A FORTUNE! That's always going to be the classic machines like the Rancher and the 400EX!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: LilApe
Why do people say honda is so much better than everyone else?

Because they are!!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

as far as reliabilty their second to none. having the most features no, but they are built as tough as sherman tanks!!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have to agree with Reconrangers last post. MOST ATVers are not die-hard riders like we are in here. BUT, with each passing year, I can see where more of US are starting to flourish into this zone.

Lets take our Michigan based ATV club for example.Those that DID buy a Honda 4x4 do not go back to buy another one after riding with club members for a while simple because these members can CLEARLY see the shortcomings of their Honda 4x3 when compared to what the OTHER members are operating.

Simple put, no HARD CORE ATVer can HONESTLY say that they would pick a Honda 4x4 over what the COMPETETION is offering in TODAYS world. I cant even really understand why even a CASUAL 4x4 ATVers would pick a Honda today except for their past reputation.

Quick Reply: Whats so great about honda? No personal attacks please