Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

should i trade my 400ex for a banshee

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007 | 04:13 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default should i trade my 400ex for a banshee

well im considering tradeing my 01 400ex for a banshee cause im soo sick of haveing problems with my EX and i like the sound of a 2 stroke and was wondering what u guys think of the trade...i ride a lot of trails race GNCC and ice would i be able to race woods with a shee and how r they on trails....i basically wanna kno a comparison between the 2 quads

Old 04-25-2007 | 04:19 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Basically, a 400ex is a great trail machine and a Banshee is a great drag and dune machine. They are both great quads that are a lot of fun, but in very different ways.

I'm suprised to hear you say you are having way to many problems with the EX, the EX's are one of the most bullet proof quads out there. A Banshee will give you more fits than a EX.

For GNCC's and trails, you'd be much better off with the EX. If you are wanting a better quad, maybe look into a Z400 or if the money is there, a 450.

Old 04-25-2007 | 04:21 PM
Range Rover

this is my opinion only. i think that a banshee is made for the dunes. they are very fun to ride and will always be a awsome ride, but i have not heard many people that like them for trails. i don't kno9w about where you live but in the summer where i live the dust will clog the airfilter in a matter of minutes. banshees can be very tempermental. i don't know about youre 400 ex but you will probably be tuning the banshee constantly. if i were in youre position i would look to getting a 450 of some kind or brand. they are so much more versitile i think. you can ride them anywhere, and they have awsome power. i would also consider the condition of the banshee, has the maitnence been kept up and when was the last top end put in it, stuff like that.

good luck.

Old 04-25-2007 | 04:28 PM
|
Pro Rider

i would be doing an out right trade and the banshee is just piped with tires and had a fresh top end put in by yamaha dealer and my 400ex has given me headachs from the day i bought it when it was stock i think the 1rst owner abused her but i have friends with 2 stroke dirtbikes and blaster who have no problem on the trails so y would the banshee be different...by tyhe way i ride mountain trails in the aderondaks and race WNYOA hairscrambles if that helps with the trail conditions......#686 baby

Old 04-25-2007 | 04:49 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: drag101
but i have friends with 2 stroke dirtbikes and blaster who have no problem on the trails so y would the banshee be different
Completely different animals. 2 stroke bikes set up right are great for trails, and Blasters have smooth power and are nimble. Banshee's have a violent hit and doesn't handle the best in the trails.

If you're not going to take our advice then why ask?

Old 04-25-2007 | 05:35 PM
|
Pro Rider

i just wanna no why there so bad in the trails i mean they used to be raced in the gncc back in lthe day so what makes them so bad

Old 04-25-2007 | 05:47 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

i just wanna no why there so bad in the trails i mean they used to be raced in the gncc back in lthe day so what makes them so bad
Key word there: back in the day

You can still race it, but it won't have the low-end needed, and inferior handling. Banshee's are hoot and I want to get one myself one of these days, but I wouldn't ever want to race one.

Old 04-25-2007 | 05:50 PM
|
Pro Rider

compared to my 400ex would it be worse in the trails or better

Old 04-25-2007 | 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

Let's look at it this way. What's good for trail riding is controllable power and handling. You need to be able to lug it down when you have to and you need to be able to keep the front tires tracking well. A 400ex is perfect for both these needs. A banshee on the other hand, wants to go FAST, always. Not easily lugged out unless you wanna be changing spark plugs all the time. Also, as stated before, banshee's have a HUGE hit in the middle of the powerband. This tends to cause front ends to lift up a little making your ability to turn hindered. Keep the 400ex for the trails. If you're planning on riding in wide open spaces where there are no obstacles to bounce yourself off of, then go for the banshee.

Old 04-25-2007 | 06:02 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

compared to my 400ex would it be worse in the trails or better
IMO the 400ex is at home in the woods and the Shee is not, so yes, I believe the EX is the easy choice.

Quick Reply: should i trade my 400ex for a banshee