Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Any Canadian Rubicons driving around?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2000, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone in Canada received their Rubicon yet? Mine is supposedly to be on-route from a warehouse near Montreal. The dealer showed be the allotment fax from the distributor; now it's just a waiting game...

Old 12-28-2000, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

How much do they want for them there? They have a illusion of getting $9,999 over here.

Old 12-29-2000, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

No i am still getting the waitting game happening here to,Let me know as soon as you get a defenite answer and i will do the same.Thanks

Old 12-29-2000, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer

I think they said around $9600 + tax

Old 12-29-2000, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

You do know that the price is only that high for the first Rubicons that arrive.Later this spring when they have lots of 002 models in, they will have to lower the price at least $1000 to stay at the price range of all the other same big ulitity class machines sold out there. Even Kawasaki will not sell there new 650 twin for that much money.An example is that the Rubicon sells for less than the Sportsman 500 H.O in some places in the States and a new Sportsman 500 sells for $84000 in Canada right now.

Old 12-29-2000, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to Hamilton Ont. tomorrow to a Honda dealer...I'll tell you guys what they want for them there, I'll see if their price is close or different to what you guys said.

Old 01-04-2001, 09:01 AM
Trailblazer

Here is the update I received yesterday. They were late...but again. I guess the Warehouse in Montreal (Fosters) is suppose to receive them today (Jan 4)..--> Shipping tomorrow Jan 5 and hopefully arriving at the Atlantic dealers mid next week. It's probably the same scenario for Ontario, but yours; goattrotter, is likely being shipping from a warehouse in Ontario instead of Montreal. I'm not sure if every province is serviced by the same distributor.

Old 01-04-2001, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the update,I know nothing new yet.

Old 01-04-2001, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

jkeirste, you said "your" rubi is on its way. But you also said about the price that you "think they said around $9600 + tax". I would think you would know the price if you actually bought one, or were even seriously considering it. Did you put money down on an order, or are you just waiting for the dealer to get one in so you can consider it? I'm not challenging what you said, I just want to be clear on it before I tell my dealer how much less others are paying.

Old 01-04-2001, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer

I put a down payment on one on Sept 99. At that time the dealer didn't even know how much his cost was. A few months ago when I was in I asked the price, and if memory serves me it was like $9600 + tax. (Maybe it was $9610 or $9660, I don't remember for sure, but lets be serious... does a $100 really make that much difference on a $10,000 machine. So long as the dealer is within a couple hundred of the going rate, buy it at the dealer you can get the best service from. The rumor is that their selling it for less a couple hours drive away, but so far I've been happy enough with the local dealer... so why bother with the hassle for all I'd save. I'm all for keeping the dealers honest and paying an honest price, but supply and demand rules. The demand for the Rubicon in Canada is greater then there current supply. So if you want to buy one now, you're going to half to pay a little more. I think your going to be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to sell it today for what it will go for 9 months from now... especially when they have a list of buyers longer then their initial allotment. Each his own, I guess.

Quick Reply: Any Canadian Rubicons driving around?