Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help

i bought a 2007 foreman and i put a dyno jet kit on it and a k&n filter but it is still making a popping noise i have a hmf pipe on it and the right jet that it calls for but it fi ll like it just not right when i go up hill it will kill and sometime it feels like it missing do you think it just not set right .on the needle it called for the third slot but it rev reel slow so i put it on 4th slot and it gave it a much better responce do you think i should put it on the 5th slot our it is the air fuel mix screw is't right adjustment please help thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Range Rover
Default please help

To more closely identify the problem you need to let us know what RPM range it is popping in. Is it low speed mid throttle or wode open throttle. Your saying the raising the needle increased your throttle response, that could indicate that the main jet is to small. If it is popping at wide open throttle, that too would indicate to small of a main jet. Your air/fuel mixture setting should not noticeably affect your upper RPM range.
Also check for intake track air leaks, as those can lean the mixture and cause popping. One last thing, if your using a K&N filter make sure it is oiled properly or it will not perform correctly.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default please help

hey thanks for your help but it is popping in low gear and riding it seems like it missing and when i went up the hill the other day it killed and i did it again did same thing like it has to much gas or not enough but before i put this stuff 0n it had no problem with it maybe i just might let honda mess with it so it will be right [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]