Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

NEED DIAG HELP PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED DIAG HELP PLEASE!!!!

Guys I need a little help on where to start. I have an 03' Rincon 650 Which will not start. I am out of town on a hunting trip and the local dealer can't help me till next week. The quad was running fine until I unloaded it from the trailer and shut it off. I went to restart it and the battery was dead. Charged to full turned the key Green light was bright, hit the start button and battery died. Replaced the battery and the same thing! All I get is a clicking under the air box for about 10 seconds as I hit the starter button then this slowly dies as does the battery. WTF? I can pull start it and it runs fine. The battery will hold a charge after pull starting it but only enough to hit the starter button once or twice. I have access to tools here and the part store is only 20 min away. Any ideas to save my trip?

Old 11-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEED DIAG HELP PLEASE!!!!

I think your starter brushes are bad. The clicking sound is the starter solenoid making contact, so it is working.
I sent you a PM with my cell phone number incase you need help repairing the starter

----- Gimp -----