Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Hand Brake Lever Lock Disengagement Arctic Cat

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hand Brake Lever Lock Disengagement Arctic Cat

I just got a letter from Arctic Cat dated Nov. 20 , 2007 Dear Arctic Cat ATV Owner , Re: Brake - Lever Lock Disengaugement . Arctcic Cat has determined that brake caliper damage attributed to the operator failing to disengage the brake - lever lock prior to operating the ATV has occurred on a limited number of Arctic Cat ATV's.
Failure to disengage the brake - lever lock prior to operating the ATV will cause heat buildup in the caliper and could result in caliper damage , brake disc damage , or failure.
To help remind owners to release the brake - lever lock , Arctic Cat is sending each registered owner a Warning Decal ( p/n 1411 - 865 ) to affix to the master cylinder on each affected ATV. Our records indicate that you are a registered owner of one of the affected ATV,s
Affected Models :All 2004 650 V-Twin Models All 2005 - 2006 Models ( excludingall DVX models ,250 ,90 , and 50 Utility models ; and Prowler models).
All 2008 Models within the VIN range of 4UF08ATV18T202001 - through - 4UF08ATV28T215386 (excluding all DVX models ,250 , 90 , and 50 Utility models , and Prowler models)
If you have sold your affected ATV , we would appreciate it if you would contact the new owner concerning this issue.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation concerning this matter.
Sincerely ,
Product Service and Warranty Department
Arctic Cat Sales Inc.

I seem to recall some owner's complaining about their hand brake would leak down when they left their hand brake in the locked position over night , i've never had that problem with mine ; and i can tell for sure if the hand brake is locked it will bogg down my engine if you try to go forward or reverse !

But the fix AC is sending out letters with a little sticker to put on the master cylinder with " Warning " Disengage brake lever lock before operating ATV.
I got my Letter today Nov. 30th , 2007
So look for a letter coming to you soon !..........

Old 12-01-2007, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hand Brake Lever Lock Disengagement Arctic Cat

Has anyone else gotten a letter about a problem , or have you ever had trouble with your hand brake lock disengage ; as for me i never tried it before !

But i have left it on 24 hours or more sitting on level ground , i didn't do it on purpous ; but the hand brake never went down ; and was as rock hard as when i parked it !

But someone had to have had their hand brake lever in the locked position , and took it for a spend with the hand brake lock ingaged on their quad with the parking hand - brake in the locked position ; there's no way i could make this mistake because with the parking brake on my 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS4x4 Auto Engine to bogg down the Engine !

You would have to have a weak braking system for that to happen , i've been very lucky since i bought my 2006 Arctic cat 400 FIS 4x4 Auto because i have not had one problem with my brakes ; or the tires that came on the 06' AC i guess my Dealer had the best machanic's around since i bought it on Feb. 7th, 2006 it really is important to get the right Dealer ! ........