Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher: half drowned, muddy, and still runnin'

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2001 | 09:29 PM
|
Trailblazer

After a good Sunday of running 30 miles of slick, red Georgia clay it was time to give the Rancher a bath by taking one last run through the pond.

I hit an unexpected deep spot, stood my Rancher up so the rear wheels would hit bottom and ride out of the water, but .. that spot in the pond was too deep and my ride died on me out in the water. Nice to know that sucker floats as I swam off of it.

I held the rear exhaust out of the water and muscled the machine to the bank, wondering if she was going to fire off. After giving her some choke, she fired right up!

I checked the oil, nothing milky there. Took a look at the air cleaner, no water there either. A short ride back to the truck and I sprayed her down with WD-40.

This evening I checked things over again, changed the air filter, the oil still looked good. Boy!, was I ever impressed.

Old 01-11-2001 | 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

That rocks!!! I am amazed every time I pull my 4x2 out of the garage. It sounds like you and I have very similar riding styles. I've drowned, flipped, sank, and rolled mine; and every time it cranks right up without a problem. These thing are pure amazing.

00' 4x2es, 26" mudrunners on rear, 1500lb winch w/50ft calble, rhinolined rack

Old 01-11-2001 | 09:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey DeadEye I see you are from Charlotte. I live in Monroe and my buddy and I have been looking for places to ride and guys to ride with. He and I both have ranchers his is 4x2ES mine is a 4x4S. Where do you ride? We like it muddy too. No flips or rolls yet, but hey there's always tomorrow

Old 01-11-2001 | 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Phil350-
It's cool to see someone in my idientical situation that lives in my neck of he woods. I also do most of my riding with a buddy who has a 4x4, but his is an ES. So when we go riding, I have the most fun on the 4x2(throwing the back end around) and he climbs out of all the deep mudholes. But since I got my mudrunners there is not to many places that he can go through that I can't get through. Sorry to say, but we don't have any real places to go riding. We mainly ride on our hunting leases which are all the way down in Winnsburo, SC. What about you? Where do guys ride? I'm trying to plan a trip w/ my buddies to go up to Uwharrie or Brown mtn. I think there closed right now though.

00'rancher 4x2es, 1500lb winch w/50ft of cable, 26" mudrunners on the rear, rhinolined rack

Old 01-11-2001 | 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

DeadEye,
Send me an e-mail so I can respond to it off my home page. You can get it off my profile. I don't have my personal mailbox set up at work yet.

Thanks,

Old 01-12-2001 | 12:08 AM
|
Trailblazer

Hey! .. You guys should plan a trip to the Tellico ORV Area sometime. It's a great place and you'll test every bit of your machine's capability! There's great camping at the park entrance along side a stocked trout stream too.

Old 01-12-2001 | 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

Bigsqueeze-
Have you been to tellico? How is it? Will a 4x2 machine cut it up there or is it 4x4 only? I would love to go up there, but would hate to get there and find that my machine is overmatched. Although I do love a challenge!!!

00' rancher4x2es, 1500lb winch w/ 50ft cable, 26x12 mudrunners on the rear, rhinolined rack

Old 01-12-2001 | 10:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey,Deadeye same here I have rolled it,flipped it and drowned it but it still runs like new,I only live about 25 miles from you and I have some killer riding places near my house,let me know and we will go one weekend.....

Old 01-12-2001 | 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

ccman057- You name the time and place and I'm there!!!

Old 01-12-2001 | 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Deadeye- You can make it at Tellico, but you'll need a winch no matter what tyoe of quad you have

Quick Reply: Rancher: half drowned, muddy, and still runnin'