Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anyone install Handgaurds on a Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone install Handgaurds on a Rubicon

I just got some powermadd handgaurds for christmas and CANNOT figure out how they will ever fit with the rubicon controls. I have an 07 and I don't think anything has changed in the controls department on this rig.

I know there are a couple of tabs that need to be removed and I have done that but I still can't figure out how they will ever work.

If anyone can post a pic of your setup PLEASE help me out, or tell me a trick to make this work.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not too sure on the rubicon setup, but on the brake side of the handlebars on my rincon the cover was angled away from the brake fluid reservoir, twards the front of the bike. I just took and zip tied it so that it would snug up nice to the brake reservoir. Not sure if this helps or not, but just thought i would throw it out there for you.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I put a set of maier hand guards on mine they sent me some other bolts for the brake levers, and used a zip tie to go around the resviour. The whole picture thing is still getting the best of me but I'll try to get one posted

Old 12-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I have power-madds on my rancher 420 plus the bracket for the snowplow actuator switch and winch control switch. You just have to loose the brake lever and the throttle and move them around, in or out, to make the mounts work. Seems like I have one hand guard mount to the outer most position and the opposite one mounted to the inside position. I didn't have too but you may have to remove the throttle spacer bar. They will work.........KEEP TRYING!

Old 12-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

I got them on, I was just being impatient. As soon as I seen a good picture of them installed it looked pretty easy. thanks fellas.