Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ATV's on snowmobile trails

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2001, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoy ruing the trails that run on our property because they said i cant use them even though we own the land! thats a whole ton of BS i can tell them where to put it for not letting me use my own property.

Old 01-12-2001, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

Here in Iowa it is legal to ride on groomed trails, althoug like everywhere else the sledders will give you a real hard time. A freind of mine says his buddies run atv's off the trail. It kind of ticks a person off to have to pay and register just like the sleds and then be afraid to ride when you want. I have only run across a few sleds when out riding groomed trails and they didnt seem to pay me any particuler atention, but i was just puttsing along and pulled over to let them buy. I am planing on going out rideng tomorow around a 50 mile loop and i was just informed that there is going to be a poker run on most of the same loop. I thought for a minute abought not going but decided *iss on them if they get mad. I do not ride hard and am very carful not to rip up "their" precious trails.

Old 01-12-2001, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Bob, your right about the trails up here. We are known as the snowmobile capital. I have long agonized about buying a sled. Non-sled riders say winter doesn't last long and it costs too much. I hooked up with my new riding buddy a few months back and he gave me the kick in the a$$ needed to go out and buy my 1999Ski-DooMXZ 670HO. Wow! This thing hauls and jumpsa great. Snowmobiling is 100x better than ATV'ing in the winter. I was told this by many snowmobilers in the past but could not imagine how much fun it is...until now Gotta get me a Rotax 670HO in my Scrambler!

Seperate trails are good. Sleds run at 60 mph usually and ATV's at 30 mph. (average) The sleds zip by the quads like they were Formula 1 racers. It's logical.

Just try not to take the one finger salutes and growling personnally. People get attitudes when they are on there rides...thats life!

Old 01-13-2001, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

We should just start telling them to get off OUR trails! Imagine what they would say to that...

Old 01-13-2001, 01:21 AM
JRM
Pro Rider

Snowshark, yes ATV's are allowed as the signs used to read no wheeled veichels over 40" wide but now read shaired use, either way we are legal and you can ride any trail from estacata to white river! I have ridden skyline from timothy lake to the MT. Hood Meadows snow park. Let me know when you will be headin up to frog lake, I can bring my p.o.s. 200SX and get laughed at. AT&T just put a new cell tower at the top of the butte but the tech's cannot get back in to do the fine tuneing to fire the cite up, thus no phones will work until summer

Old 01-13-2001, 02:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sure sleds are fun. I used to have a couple sold them many years ago. Now I have a couple of good friends that let me borrow their's. Went out boxing day for 8-9 hours of riding and put over 100 bucks worth of gas and oil in it. HMMMMMMMMMM lets see 100 bucks worth of gas that is a month worth of riding on a quad almost, and I could ride from ontario to Florida and back to ontario on my CBR900rrr. Sled just cost way too much for what they are. I am going to look into snow tracks for next winter and I will ride on the groomed trails . I just want to see the looks on their faces when I pull up on a quad with tracks on it .

just my 10 cents

Old 01-13-2001, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

Bob4X4, Are you sorry you sold your sled? I only mentioned facts which were true that you should have appreciated being a former sled owner.

What arguement?

Old 01-13-2001, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

Erin,

Canadian money right?

I heard the 2 stroke oil was over $35 a gallon but you wouldn't burn that up in 9 hours.

Where did you go to spend that much money in 9 hours?

Jason's in Windsor? LOL

Old 01-13-2001, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

if you tried 60 mph on our trail systems someone would be in the trees or in jail.

Old 01-13-2001, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

I also gave up buying new sleds and just have a couple of old 1975 machine when needed for fishing.I do not mind not being allowed on the snowmachines clubs trails because they are the reason these trails are there in the first place they cut them out and maintain them.The sleds have to buy a $120 trail permit to ride on the trails but when there done with there very short riding season(3 months lucky)atvs are allowed to ride on these same trails for free for the remaining 9 months!My bike is not totally park all winter there are many hard packed snowmachine trails all around that are unorganized and are open to anybody riding anything.

Quick Reply: ATV's on snowmobile trails