Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Roll Design or Laeger

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2001, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine has a 87'250R and he is going to put different A-arms on it. He is going with 2" wider and 1" forward. He trail rides, plays in the dunes, and is thinking about trying MX. He is wondering which is the better A-arms - Roll Design or Laeger.

Old 01-15-2001, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

Nothing wrong with either of them. Laeger's has (2) different to choose from. They have the PRO-TRAX front end, and the regular front end. The PRO-TRAX is by far the MOST expensive. I am really not all that familiar with Roll Design. I personally like Lone Star. I feel like Lone Star's ball joints are stronger than the Laeger's. I have seen the ball joints on my friends Laeger's break after a really big jump. I'm sure Lone Star's will break, but they seen to be more reliable.

Old 01-15-2001, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

Laeger and Roll Design both have a whole front end set up. The Leager Pro-Trax with the T-pin system. I'm not sure what exactly the Roll Design setup is called. I know both of these are quite expensive though. Both companies make regular a-arms too. I have the regular Laeger a-arms, and so far, really like them. I do not know about the regular Roll Design a-arms. Lonestar makes nice stuff as well. There was a pretty bad wreck at the local MX track involving Lonestar a-arms though. I think the balljoints broke or something came loose on the a-arms, which caused the accident. Anyway, I not trying to start a fight or say, "This brand is better. Don't buy that, buy this.", because there is probably no perfect brand for any one person. Different people prefer different brands. They all seem like good setups though, and ALL can break, and I'm sure that they have. No matter what brand. Do some more research, compare specs, and choose what you think will be the best for you. I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of the a-arms.

I just want to say that you should keep your a-arms as well as the rest of your quad in good condition. The accident I mentioned may have been stopped by good maintenance. Not just keeping everything clean, but making sure everything is tightened and functioning properly. You never know when something is going to go wrong.

Good luck.

Old 01-15-2001, 09:59 AM
Trailblazer

in my opinion i like the lonestar over the laeger a arms to me the seem beefyer the laegers look real skimpy,alothough this is just my opinion i dont anyone who has broken or bent either set of arms

Old 01-15-2001, 01:22 PM
Trailblazer

I have riden a few 400EX's with various front ends(stock, Lone Star and Roll Design). The Roll arms are by far the strongest looking and the handling was also supierior to the Lone Star. I bought the Lone Stars before I rode a Roll Design.
plus the Lone Stars w/ Works shocks were only $1,000 versus $2,000 for the Roll arms because he only sells them with Axis shocks.

Old 01-15-2001, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

Stupid question of the day:
When they say +2 a arms, is that 2 inch over per side, or 2 inches all together?

Old 01-15-2001, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer

The +2 means per side. My Lone Star arms are +2/+1 meaning they moved the tires out 2 inches per side and 1 inch forward for added wheelbase

Old 01-16-2001, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks everyone. My friend is looking at the best each one has to offer. I think he will go with the Roll Design.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Roll Design or Laeger

I HAVE A SET OF TBR TIMMY BOY RACING A ARMS +3+1 IN CHROME WITH AXIS TRIPLE RATE ADJ COMP FOR SALE. THEY ARE IN PERFECT CONDITON TWO RIDES IN THE SAND. I EVEN INSTALLED THICK CLEAR VINLY TO THE LOWER ARMS TO SAVE THE CHROME. I WOULD LIKE 1500$ THEY USE A LONG TRAVEL SHOCK AND I WOULD SAY THEY ARE BETTER THAN LAEGER AND LONESTAR AND WOULD COMPARE TO THE ROLL SETUP. THEY HAVE LARGE BALLJOINTS AND ADJUSTABLE CAMBER AND CASTOR. I EVEN HAVE THE ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS
THANKS