Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

sell me on the rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sell me on the rubicon

hello gonna pick up a new atv in the next couple of weeks got it narrowed down between the honda rubicon or the yamaha grizzly 450 i can get a good deal on a 07 rubi 5800. otd, i mostly trail ride slow type riding woods roads, powerlines, ride double with the wife to the fishing holes that type of riding, got a bruin 350 2wd now and that works ok so the rubi should be 100 percent difference? any pros and cons on the rubi would be appreciated? thanks kris

Old 02-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The Rubicon is a solid and reliable machine. It's hydrostat type transmission really works well in plowing and dragging. Solid axle is planted and slides around corners well, and can handle a trailer's tounge weight well, but limits ride quality while riding fast on bumpy trails.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:26 PM
JRM
Pro Rider

i have the rubi and my friend has the yammi, i perfer the rubicons tranny as the yammi's CVT doesnt like slow pulling alot, its rough on the belt while the hondas doesnt mind a bit. I also perfer how my honda runs at a lower RPM on the trail vs the yamaha's CVT holding it in the midrange all day long.
Joe

Old 03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

I have an 05 Rubicon. AWESOME. The Hondas have the ONLY gear driven tranny on the market. All others uses belts. That is the #1 reason. You will never break a belt or slip going down hills. Second Honda is the most reliable of all brands. I'm 6'5" 250 and I haul my wife and 3 kids around on it. The kids sit in the drop basket. No serious riding, just some trails. Automatic and electronic shift program fit anyone who wants to drive it. Wife uses auto. When you are pulling or riding some rough stuff you can drop it into ESP mode and keep the gear you want. I was tore between a suzuki Vinson and the Honda. I'm happy I went with honda. I use it mainly around the yard and for plowing and hauling wood. But I do take some adventure rides from time to time. Never a problem

Old 03-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi slowneasy, I am new here and this is my first response. I bought a new Rubicon in 2001. The machine is incredible in every respect. The only problem I have had is the ESP shifting which (mostly 2-3 gr.) sometimes requires a repeat push of the button. I am working on fixing that now. My old machine is 4x4 all the time and lacks some of the new features you have available to you now. The power is good, the durability is outstanding, the stability is better than most. I often drag 600 lb. logs at my deer lease and as long as I can get traction the Rubicon will pull it. I ride in briar thickets as well as cypress swamps to service my deer stands with no problems. I have disked my food plots with a 16 in disc set which weighs several hundred pounds with no problem. I can't say enough about the Rubicon for utility and just plain fun riding. I hope this helps.