Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

got Rancher-CHECK...got trailer-CHECK...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got Rancher-CHECK...got trailer-CHECK...

I know it is called XD, but it is possible that there is no marking on the tire to show that they are any different. I am sure you are right, and I am not concerned either. It doesn't seem that there is any performance difference, only longevity.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jsgregg

I know it is called XD, but it is possible that there is no marking on the tire to show that they are any different. I am sure you are right, and I am not concerned either. It doesn't seem that there is any performance difference, only longevity.</end quote></div>

I'm an old guy and enjoy being earthbound as much as possible, my 'flying thru the air days' are long gone so I'm sure any additional benefit from the new formula tire would not be necessary! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

At any rate I really like the radial tire advantage, ATVTV (check youtube) has several videos regarding radial tires on UTV's and ATV's they (the videos) initially sold me on them. Rider reports later confirmed they were the tires I needed and my own experience with them has proven their worth.

And I listed the old (but still like new) Honda OEM tires and rims on Craigslist and sold them in less then 24 hours after posting the ad. (another bonus)

Old 03-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer

I checked out those videos after you made a post about them. They had the same effect on me. Pretty much convinced me that radial was what I would want. Now I am just trying to choose between the Big Horn and the Terra Cross.

I would like to get rid of the factory wheel set also. I'm not sure what I should be asking on Craigslist...maybe you could give me a ballpark price?

Old 03-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

I asked, and got $275 for the set. They had about 200 miles on them over hard trails and conglomerate lava rock. No punctures or scars and they looked pretty good. I was happy with the price and so was the buyer.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer

That would take a nice little chunck out of the cost for the new set. My wife will not understand when she see's new wheels show up. I can hear it now..."but it comes with wheels...why in the world do you need new ones"

Do the Terra Cross have any drawbacks that you have been able to identify?

Old 03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Range Rover

The only drawbacks is that I waited too long to buy them. Should have told the dealer the day I bought the quad that the OEM tires just won't do, I need some decent tires.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

I would still like to hear some more opinions on Terra Cross vs. Big Horn if anyone has any to share.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer

I went with the Type 7's and Pirelli Mudwisers(26x12x12 and 26x12x10). I got the wheels,tires caps and lugs mounted up ready to go for $550.
Name:  househondatrailer018.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  107.6 KB
Name:  househondatrailer011.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  117.8 KB

Old 03-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Trailblazer

Okay, I ordered a set of the Bighorns with ITP series 7 from rockymountainatv.com. They should be here early next week. I added the slime to them, but now kind of wish that I hadn't. I have been doing some reading, and it appears that if you don't ride often, the slime settles to the bottom of the tire. This causes a very rough ride until the slime can even out again. The tires are probably tough enough that I didn't need it. Thanks to everyone who offered advice. I will be picking up a motorcycle jack from Walmart so I can do the tire change. I'll post pics of the whole operation.

Has anyone else used one of the GM Goodwrench motorcycle jacks from Walmart?

Old 03-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

Speaking of new tires & rims ... Anyone looking for a steal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...item=260222554117&rd=1