Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

New Rancher, Flat Spot on tire??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rancher, Flat Spot on tire??

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 50362

No, I'm not blaming the dealer. I understand the position the dealer is in because it was a Honda employee sale, so there not making any profit off of me.

However, I just got back from another dealer in my area and he said they have a case with another customer who has the same problem. So it's been left with Honda Canada to decide whether or not the tire (on the others guys ATV) will be replaced under warranty. The dealer did say they have tried everything to get the flat spot out and didn't have any luck. The tire needs to be replaced. So for now I have to check back with him and if Honda replaces the other guys tires he will do the same for me.

you got it used and you still want the dealer to replace the tire give me a brake

I do like those tires on the above pic. The dealer showed me some ITP Mud something tires. Holy crap, what a difference in the stock tires compaired to the after market ones.</end quote></div>

Old 03-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

ITP Mud Lites. Thanks

Old 03-25-2008, 03:18 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I bought a news set of tires for my truck and there was a rough ride on on side. The tire dealer said a cord or belt thing was broke in one tire and replaced the one tire and the ride was good again. He said some have flaws right from the tire factory.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer

Didn't the original post say it was a NEW machine? And regardless of what he paid for a NEW machine it should operate like a NEW machine. I wouldn't expect any less. I would be kind but firm about it myself.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

No, I'm not blaming the dealer. I understand the position the dealer is in because it was a Honda employee sale, so there not making any profit off of me.

However, I just got back from another dealer in my area and he said they have a case with another customer who has the same problem. So it's been left with Honda Canada to decide whether or not the tire (on the others guys ATV) will be replaced under warranty. The dealer did say they have tried everything to get the flat spot out and didn't have any luck. The tire needs to be replaced. So for now I have to check back with him and if Honda replaces the other guys tires he will do the same for me.

honda emplyee sale tells me it was used and the dealer wasnt making any money from the deal.he got for half off and hes b!tching....wanting tires he would replace anyways.

I do like those tires on the above pic. The dealer showed me some ITP Mud something tires. Holy crap, what a difference in the stock tires compaired to the after market ones.</end quote></div>

Old 03-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they don't take care of the tire, remove one rear wheel and rotate it 1/4 turn. This normally will take care of the shake. Quads will get flat spots in both rear wheels from being strapped into the crate, so when first rode being both tire's flat spots come around at the same time it seems bad. If you offset them like I described and lower the air pressure, they normally work themselves out of the flat spot. Riding with the air pressure lower in warm meather will work it out sooner. After the flat spot seems to mellow out, reinflate the tires to spec and enjoy your quad

----- gimpster -----

Old 03-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got it brand spanking NEW, 0 miles on it. 2008 model. They dealer dude road it out from the back of the shop, gave me a quick overview, then I jumped on and road it around the dealer lot. Right from the get go the flat spot was very noticeable, and that was when the dealer told me flat spot will go away.

It was not used. We (canada) had a big sale last December because of the parity with the US dollar. So the deal was (in CDN dollars) $2500. off + employee discount $1300. + 10% cash back.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Should I not be entitled to a new tire because I got a deal?

I bought a *new* Acura car and it to sat on the dealer lot from November '06 to September '07. The rotors were rusted BIG TIME. The brake pedal was pulsating when the brakes were applied. The dealer fixed the rotors.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

quit your crying

Old 03-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer

Should I not be entitled to a new tire because I got a deal?
</end quote></div>

No. Not saying that you shouldn't be entitled. But it's hard to give sympathy when others didn't get half off of their quads. You could buy rims and tires, winch, exhaust and HMF optimizer, heated grips and some racks before you spend what I paid for my '07 that I bought new this month. I know we should be ecstatic that you got a good deal and will probably be happy if you get the dealer to replace the tire. But it's like the kids on the Sweet 16 Birthday show, where the daughter is fussing at her dad for getting the BMW instead of the Mercedes. A new tire can be installed for less than $100. So to quote Jrafter, "quit your crying". And welcome to the forum. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New Rancher, Flat Spot on tire??