Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need education on tires wheels!

thats right i hate 2 ply tires

Old 03-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: VooDoo01

Goodman, thanks a lot jsgregg. Are you going to continue to use your OEM rims? Also, did you find anything during your research to indicate that radials are more/less puncture resistant than bias ply. Or whether the bighorn was more/less puncture resistant than terra cross? Thanks again for the info.</end quote></div>

No, I can't use the OEM rims. For whatever reason, Honda put an 11 inch rim on the back wheels. So you have 12's on the front, and 11's on the back. These aftermaket tires that we are looking at here don't come in 11's. I am going with the ITP 7 series (machined). 25 inch tires with 12 inch wheels. I don't know whether the Bighorns are more/less punture resistant than the Terra Cross, but the Big Horns are supposed to be almost bullet proof. The lugs wrap onto the sides of the tire which gives it a lot of extra strength and protection. I went with the 25's so that I would lose very little power (it will help to keep the speedometer accurate as well).

Old 03-29-2008, 02:37 AM
Trailblazer

Ok, thanks a lot. I've almost made up my mind about purchasing the terracross tires with the delta wheels. I hate to copy other people but I really like the look of the Delta wheels in the picture of a quad on here like mine. Thanks again.

Does anyone know the offset of the Delta rims?

Old 03-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Trailblazer

The Terra Cross seem to be excellent...but here is something you should know before buying. ITP has made a change to the construction of the tire. It is now called the Terra Cross XD (extreme duty). They claim that it is a harder rubber compound and will greatly improve tread life. They have also made one or two other positive changes to it. I wanted to buy the XD version (which was released about 3 weeks ago). I called Rockymountainatv.com and they said they are not selling it yet. They have to sell off their entire old inventory before they will start selling the new version (pretty much the same story everywhere). They said they won't be selling it for another 6 to 8 weeks. I decided I couldn't wait due to a 4 day trip to Hatfield McCoy which I am going on in 4 weeks. Soooo, if you want the new improved version, you will have to wait. You can read all about the new Terra Cross XD here: Terra Cross XD

Now, off topic.
Your shop looks fantastic! Do you do any woodworking? I can see some type of roll around table on the far left of one of your pics. Is it an assembly table? I'd love to see some more pics.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

I was planning on waiting another month before I purchase the tires and rims. Thanks for letting me know about the XD improvments though. Now I know to specifically ask for that model when I order the tires.

Thanks for the compliments on the shop. It's "my" place here on the homestead. In anticipation of an occasional "booting" from the house by my wife, I made sure to built the best shop that I could. So, seperate from the house, I built a three car garage with about a 1000 sq. foot apartment on top. The table you saw in the picture is an assembly table. I use it for everything, especially working on small projects. I'm really not into wood woodworking, but I do like doing "projects" around the house. I'll see if I have some pics and post them on my profile. Thanks again for the info.