Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Yeah! I get my 500 Foreman tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah! I get my 500 Foreman tomorrow!

Well I picked up my new Quad. I am a little bummed because I've already found a speck of rust already on the silver bumper. What should I do about that so it does spread to anything else. I realize it'll get rust, but I was hoping to put this off for several years!

Pictures to come!
Jeff

Old 03-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer

Several methods. Depends on how big of an issue it is to you. The best method would be to sand it down to metal and paint. Laziest would be to just apply some kind of oil to it. I can't imagine it being so bad. Is it a scratch or something? Pics would help. And then you have to think about it, the atv is designed to be in the elements. A little rust won't hurt it. I look at it as a battle scar, it adds character.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer

lets hope it doesnt fall apart like my friends

Old 03-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mine's held up fine... I suppose you could take it off and have it shot in bedliner, or something, if you wanted.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer

nah he was an idoit he rolled it just the plastics flew off easliy and everything was loose

Old 03-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

Spec Of Rust?
I have a foolish idea? Take your (new) quad back to the dealer and have them
replace the part that has rust on it. It's no different than chrome peeling off a plated part from the factory or a bad paint spot on the (NEW) paint job.

Why don't you simply polish that rust off or paint that spot?, come-on man those fenders are going to be all scratched to hell after a day of riding through the woods so a little rust spot should not have your world fall apart.

I noticed my rear rack had some of the paint scratched off after I bought my new Rincon home. I touched it up with a paint marker that would not stick so I'm just going to repaint that peace this spring.

Does your quad have (Power Steering) Yes/no? if so what do you think about it?

Garman

Old 03-31-2008, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the cheesy whine about the spot of rust. I took care of it with a little sand paper, and Honda Silver auto paint from Wall-Mart. It really is quite the machine! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I told my girlfriend that I wanted to leave it in the living room right in front of the TV! She didn't take a liking to that idea too well. I don't know why?

I didn't get Power Steering, or Electric Shift. I wanted to keep it simple. I don't see the purpose for power steering yet, I am not going to be doing any plowing with it, and I don't think it's hard to steer at all as it is.

Jeff

Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer

power steering is for women. lol, no offense.
The foremen is a very reliable fun machine. if you plan on doing some serious mudding you might want to look at a front differential locker other than that the foremen is an all around great atv should last you forever
Have FUN!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Congrats! That's an all-around solid machine that'll do pretty much anything a person needs to do with a 4wd quad. Lotta folks run those around here, we're mostly dyed-in-the-wool 5spd 4wd Honda fans in this area. Buddy runs a 2wd Foreman and doesn't have much trouble following my 4wd Rancher on all the trails I run.

Have fun and enjoy that thing, get out and run it!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I probably would have gone with power steering if it would have been an option when I got mine. It's not that the machine is difficult to steer, but it can kick back violently if you smack a rock hidden in grass on the edge of the trail or something. Really, a steering damper would probably be a simpler way to tame kick back, and I've thought about it, but never got around to it... I guess that's an indication that kick back isn't really enough of a problem often enough to bother me enough to deal with it.

Anyway, go out and have a blast (carefully) on the Foreman.

Quick Reply: Yeah! I get my 500 Foreman tomorrow!