Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What do I do!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I do!?

Okay, here it goes:

My boyfriend just bought a house with lots of land w/trails already there. He has been talking about 4 wheelers for the longest time and how he has always wanted one.....SO I figured whats a better house warming/bday gift a blender or the atv well duh I'm sure anyone can figure that one out. But. I'm confused and don't know which one to choose. They both have never been ridden! and the Rubicon is only fifty dollars more..... the Rubicon is $5899 is that a good deal? I really don't know much about them but i know that one has the automatic/esp vs the foreman you shift with your foot.... ANYWAY any help I will take it! I want to decide this weekend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He is going to use it for: trail riding, hunting, towing small loads around, and possibly snow plowing... I told him to hold off on the tractor but he had to have it... MEN j/k

Thanks a lot I appreciate the advice![/b]

Old 05-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do I do!?

Is he a manual tranny kind of guy, or an automatic kind of guy???? For me, I have always prefered a manual transmission, so the choice would be easy...the Foreman.

While the Rubicon has a very good reputation for reliability and performance, it does have a highly complex automatic transmission, and if it has a problem is isn't something you are going to be able to fix on your own. Honda says the unit is sealed, and not user serviceable.

The Foreman has a reputation as being primarily a work quad, that can be trail ridden now and then, where the Rubicon is more of a trail quad that can do some work....