Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

its a sad sad day for me..

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its a sad sad day for me..

i was ridin around with some friends and we had a little accident. my friend was on his dirtbike and i didnt see him and i pulled out in front of him. he laid it down and slid into my right rear tire. so now i got three holes from where his foot peg went in it, and it dented the rim in pretty good. im just glad he didnt get hurt cause he nearly went under me. but im also glad he hit the tire he hit. cause it was already goin flat from a nail in it. but now im stuck ridin the lt160 till i get a new rim and tire for my trx300, and its gonna be a good while. but now the cops are crackin down on ridin on the roads. even the backroads that no one lives on. the other day 5 of my friends got pulled over for ridin on the roads. but the roads the only place i got to ride so ima keep ridin the roads. anybody know of some good road tires? i know carlise or somethin makes good tires that never wear out. the 160 has some on it. but i hate the tread pattern on them. i want some tires that wont wear out in 3 months but still do descent in the mud.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

Your quad was not designed to nor should be ridden on the roads. I'm glad your friend is OK, but riding on the roads is a huge accident waiting to happen.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

the same thing happened to me my friend was on a drz doing about 50 and i was comming down off a table top and smacked right into the front tire of my blaster at the time your lucky all you need to replace is the rim and tire i had to get a hub , tierod , tire ,and othe minor stuff oh and i have the same problems with the cops also

Old 05-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

yeah but don't blame the cops, blame the state you live in. Till more realize there's money to be made in letting people ride and offering hassle free ATV vacations, we're all viewed as destructive, polluting hoodlums.

I'd pay good money to go somewhere to ride where I know I won't be bothered by Johnny Lawdog, so would a million other people in New Jersey, as soon as we can get the Governor's office out of the insurance companies collective ***

Whereabouts you live, Zeww?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

ahh man that sucks at least u didnt get hurt.

i used to ride on the roads all the time got chased by the cops a few times but knock on wood i never got caught.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:55 AM
Range Rover

i live in oakman alabama. about 45 minutes or so from birmingham. i dont like how everybody around here thinks all people with 4wheelers tear everything up and destroy everything. theres a creek about a mile away and ive been goin down there swimming for like 10 years now. when i go down there on the 4wheeler the people complain about how i dont need to be down there. when 10 or so drunks are down there in some trucks no one complains. i always clean up after im done down there. the drunks always have big bonfires and leave like 5 empty boxes of beer down there. along with random junk. ill admit i do tear up a little strip off to the side when i go down there but next rain that comes thru fixes it. but my hondas not nearly as loud as some of the trucks and people that go down there and i dont tear it up nearly as bad as they do. one of my friends lives next to a highway and has got some of the biggest tattle tales as neighbors. he gets the cops called on him every time he cranks his 4wheeler up. even when its just to move it out of the garage. one guy just moved in a few weeks back and is already trying to get a petition started to get rid of 4wheelers around here. his tractors just as loud and tears up the ground even more than a 4wheeler does. wow. sorry this is so long but the people around here **** me off pretty bad.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah its sad. I never been pulled yet but I heard stories, which is why I'll trailer a long way to PA to do it legally if I have to.

What sucks its theres alot of land in south jersey that just sits idle hey could open a dozen atv parks if they waneted too, but their so paranoid of getting sued and the insurance companies make sure they keep premiums nice and high so no one would dream of trying to start a private park.

Its a comspiracy to prevent people from having fun. They don't want you to own a boat, motorcylce, 4 wheeler, guns, you cant afford a home, can't smoke anymore, can't shop, now they want to put a tax on fast food too. A TAX ON FOOD IS INCOMPREHENSIBLE!

What would Thomas Jefferson say?

Our government is turned F%&king facist, thats what he'd say.

Trending Topics

Old 05-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the moral of the story should not be what happened to your 'wheeler, but more so of what happened to your friend could have so much worse. Accidents happen, but every year many people are seriously injured or killed on a quad for the lack of respect to the machines, or just plain carelessness............

As far as the "destroying everything" theory - we have 200 acres, and in my younger years I would rip, snort, and tear everything in the path of my quad - then one day Dad pulled me over at a site where I had left the dirt road to get onto a trail - "slinging dirt" through the ditch and up to the trail. He pointed these "ruts" out to me - then the next time it rained, he brought me back to my "ruts", which were now deep, washed out gouges in the side of the ditch. Dad explained to me that every time I do something like that, I have altered the natural "way" of things - and things like those ruts I made don't fix themselves, they only get worse over time. People need to learn to live with the land, not on the land. To this day, I treat our property with respect - one day it will be mine, and I would rather have usable land than a waste land..... I did fix my ruts I've made........ But then again, most people don't own the land they ride on, so why should they care about what it does to the environment...........

Riding on the roads........ well, it is hard on the 'wheelers as they were not designed for this - as stated, it eats the tires up pretty quickly - Here in Texas, as long as it is for agricultural purpose, AND we are a licensed driver - running headlights & taillights - and have an orange triangle flag on a pole, we can drive on all roads, EXCEPT Interstates - I can drive my 'wheelers to town (17 miles away) and get diesel for the tractors, or wire for the fence, or feed for the critters...... We don't do that (what's the point - wear and tear makes it much easier to get in the truck and go), but driving down the road to get to another pasture, etc - we do. I don't see any "thrill" in this, but then I do have "room" to ride any day of the week.........

Just my 2 cents.....................

Old 05-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Zeww there is lots of trails just south of birmingham. One is called wilborn's.google atv trails in ala there's lots in that area.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

dont take this as me being a smartbutt, but i know theres trails around its just getting to them. im 18, about to turn 19, with no license. have no car. have no job. it sucks. i have to do what little i can around here to get money. the only thing i have to do is ride the 4wheeler. and half the trails ive heard of around here cost a good 15-20 bucks per rider to get in. plus all my friends with 4wheelers have 400ccs and up sports. i got a 300 utility. i like mud they like jumps. and i really dont like ridin by myself. most of the trails around birmingham only allow either 4wheelers and dont allow dirtbikes, or the other way around. me and my dad will go to the bankhead forest trail every once in a while. the trails are open to all atvs. thats cool because we can both go and have a fun day of ridin. its a good 2 hour drive. only costs 3 bucks per rider. he has a 250 dirtbike. its mostly sport 4wheelers and dirtbikes up there. and i hate bein the last person in the group, it sucks.

and about the tearin everything up, i dont really do that much if im on someones property. the only time i do anything bad is when im behind my house in the woods or down at the creek up the road. you can rut the creek out real bad and the next time it rains the water comes up and washes everything flat again. behind the house wont matter much and i wont get to go back there much in the next few years. there about to start clearin out and open up a strip pit. i wouldnt mind if theyd let 4wheelers have this one. the old one, which is across the road, was replanted and they started a huntin club around it. but over the next few months im pretty much losing all of my ridin spots except for the roads. everybodies clearing out the trees and planting crops and stuff. i mean i cant really do much with what they decide to do with there land but id like to be able to ride somewhere around my house without worrying about getting pulled over by a cop. it might just be ignorance on my part but i dont see the big deal about ridin on the roads around here. i live in the middle of nowhere. im a good 4 miles from a small highway that doesnt see that much traffic. and i dont ride the highway. i stick to dirt and gravel roads. the road i live on is about half a mile long with maybe 10 houses. the road that leads to it maybe has 20 houses. the road that branches off my road has 1 house on it and i dont think anyone even lives there. but i think its funny a cop will pull over a group of 4wheelers in a heartbeat but let the idiots that cant drive worth a flip and run everybody else off the road keep goin on there merry way. i dont have anything against cops but im pretty sure id rather see a group of teenagers ridin 4wheelers than see them sittin in front of a house with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. if they ever pull me over and ask me why im ridin on the road im just gonna ask them if theyd rather me be at my house on the internet learning how to make pipe bombs or crystal meth or something like that. and i know this is a really long post but i wanna know who decided it was a good idea to make street legal dirtbikes but no street legal 4wheelers. i dont understand how they can let a 1300cc haybusa, that can do 180mph easy, on the road, but a 50mph 4wheeler is too dangerous. thats just stupid to me. sorry this is too long but im bored and out of gas.