Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

gas prices are killing me $448 at the pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas prices are killing me $448 at the pump

I spend around $800 per month in gas, makes me sick.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dual-sport motorcycle....mine is just barely broken in, but there are guys reporting they are getting 90+ mpg!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

Hoping to buy an old jap bike the weekend after next, after the inital investment I shold be alot more comfortable. I figure instead of using 15 gallons of diesel a week, (4 day work week), I should get by on 5 gallons of gas! Which equates to being able to take more riding trips with my truck!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its sucks but I think atvs are gas sippers compared to speedboats. I'll go through 5 times as much gas boating in an afternoon than I will riding my honda. I just have two atvs and I filled up my gas containers when the trails closed late this winter. I got a deal at $3.13/gal. Maybe Honda will put a little hybrid tech into their atvs. What the hell right? I read an electric motor creates more torque right off the bat than a gas engine anyway. I'd be up for that!

Jon

07 Rancher ES 4x4
08 can-am ds 70

Old 05-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the fuel consumption of the Honda ARX1500 (1500cc turbocharger personal watercraft) ... 17.07 US gal per hour ..

================================================== ================================================== =========================

Old 05-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

that is allot to spend at one time, $448! but im not gettin on to anyone for literally fueling their passion for riding. i wish some in our crew felt the same way. somehow they have rationalized buying $20K harleys citing gas prices are too high to drive 3 hrs to ride ATVs...Still scratching my head with that logic. $20K would pay for years of riding even if gas was $5+/gallon.

around here, stations would have cut your pump off at around $50-$75 depending on the station. some stations will let you fill up, but most are fearful of drive offs. which makes the "pay at the pump" deal totally pointless b/c they tell me i have to bring my card inside, leave it there and go back and fill up.... what the hell is the difference in having the swipe done at the pump (where it is instanly checked as well as inside and will immediatley stop you from getting ANYTHING regardless)...

anyway the good ole speculators on wall street made oil jump to a new record today @ $124/barrell and are calling once again for a 'super spike' to $200/barrell. they cite lack of supply again... there is no true lack of supply... espcaily when i know that production is up, crude inventory is up, demand is down over 4% from this time last yr but we are paying 30% more... ridiculous. new oil has been found off the coast of s. america (it is called the 3rd LARGEST in the WORLD now) not to mention our own national wildlife that they wont let us drill in. but that is another rant.

anyone read about the old guy in florida that would drive his enclosed trailor over a fillup hole at a staion and act like he was working on his truck...he had a secret door in the bottom of the trailor and he had a 500 gallon tank inside and would hook to it, pump it into his tank and go back and sell it to people for profit. he totally stole it! he would even talk to the cops while he did it and they never suspected it! that's some serious ***** there! he got busted by some one he sold it to...they told on him. do a google on the story, it was a few months ago. i do not and am NOT reccomeding this action in any way, but it was pretty ballsy.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

It's a shame. Just saw gas prices in Kuwait. 0.12 a gallon. yes your reading it right 12 cents.And to think we helped these people in the first gulf war.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rhonda350

Today i went to buy gas for my truck and my atvs. I have 12 atv and 4 dirt bikes a Rhino and 2 sport bikes yes im crazy. I have 16 6gallon gas containers i fill the 6 gallon containers with 6.2 gallons of gas and some sea foam. I have all 16 gas containers lined up and people was lookin at me like wtf. After i was finish filling the containers i filled my truck up. When I looked up at the pump i almost had an heart attack I spent $448 dollars. I was like there went 1/4 of my paycheck. $92 on the truck and $356 on the containers. Yes i am very crazy[IMG][/IMG]

$3.58 for unleaded plus

$3.68 for the good stuff</end quote></div>

So let me get this straight:

You can afford NINETEEN toys but now you are griping about the gas cost? What was the total cost of those nineteen toys plus mods? $100,000? More?

No sympathy here. If you can afford 19 toys, the gas should be a drop in the bucket to you.

Sure wish I could afford 19 toys. We've only got three.

If all you did was sell three or four of your toys, you'd have enough gas money for all your other toys for a long time.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BAIR

Be Happy!

Here In Canada, it is currently $1.22 / liter ...? 4.55 liters = 1 gallon so the current price is $5.55 / gallon.

Now for the fun stuff... according to some European friends that is still CHEAP!!??

In Britain - the current price is 1 pound 20 per liter - or roughly $10.00 US per gallon.

They have NO SYMPATHY for any of us.

There... do you feel better now? [img][/img]</end quote></div>

They also do not pay taxes, which is why they have higher gas prices.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Trailblazer

That's why I only ride one ATV now. The Grizzly my friend has eats gas for some reason.

Quick Reply: gas prices are killing me $448 at the pump