Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

as the cc's go up

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2001, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again, grammar skills elude you Monica. Maybe you should spend less time in this forum and more time with your hooked-on-phonics tapes.

Old 01-23-2001, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

I'm only 15 and think they should have some type of license for quads. All of my friends and myself ride, and i know of a number of times, when if i had been byself, i wouldn't have made it. For example: flipping a quad sideways on my leg, while in the water and having to hold it up with your other leg, all while you try to keep your head above water. Just and accident. And i've been riding since i was real little, so i know a beginner could get hurt. I think that they should have a course mandatory, like a hunter safety course to take, if you want to ride on your own. If not, ride with someone that has a license(like hunting on and older person's license before your old enough to get your own). And for bigger cc's have advanced classes. An idea or what? cause i definitly don't think they should stop progressing quad power.

Old 01-23-2001, 11:53 PM
Range Rover

I guess that I worded my thought wrong. I personally like the larger quads. I know that people should be responsible for there actions. There is no such thing as a dangerous quad, just dangerous riders. A lot of people, in general, are not responsible enough to make the right decision. Their bad decision gets reaction from the general public, hense the end of three-wheelers. Too many injuries in the eyes of the public. I know that injuies are going to happen no matter what the size of the quad. But many times as the speed of the accident goes up so does the severity of the injury. I just think that a bad decision on one persons part is looked at by the public as a bad decision made by the entire sport of ATVer's. I don't want a ban on quads, a 450cc limit, or anything to that sort. If you could somehow make it so people are actually responsible for their own actions, and there were no way possible it would reflect negative image to our sport, I could care the less if you would put a small block chev in a quad. I hope I may have made my point a little bit better now.
Exer

Old 01-24-2001, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

WELL 250BOY YOU HAVE ONCE AGAIN SAVED US ALL IT MUST BE HARD BEING THE ONLY SMART PERSON IN WHAT EVER HICK TOWN YOUR FROM .IF THE ATV INDUSTRY FOLLOWS OTHERS IT WILL TOP OUT BIG AND THEN GO FOR SMALL AND LIGHT LIKE THE NEW WAVE IN STEET BIKES .BESIDES IDIOTS CAN KILL THEM SELVES ON ANY THING .

Old 01-24-2001, 01:45 AM
Range Rover

Out to little sahara last weekend a atv took out a rock there by big sand mountain haulin' ask. They said the guy had been riding for years.... let me know where 3tv is at on the weekends before I go please.

Old 01-24-2001, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

And once again Rickywannaberacer follows me around like a lost puppy dog slamming me because I have more opinions and answers than he does.Maybe if he tried as hard to add some useful advice to his replies as he does with the crap he writes about me,maybe someone would care what he has to say.But like so many other posers ricky slaps on a couple racing stickers,deems himself gods gift to dirt and bashes whoever appears smarter than him.So thanks for the great wisdom ricky,I feel real honored knowing my lowly message will cross your omnipitent eyes.

Old 01-26-2001, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

I laughed my *** off I thought it was great, both of you!!

Old 01-26-2001, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

What happen to comedy hour? I was having so much fun!

Old 01-26-2001, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Since I do a lot of MX racing, I would prefer the manufactures focus on a powerful, lighter, better handling quad rather than get into the big cc war. But then there will be some one else who wants the pure big bore power for there riding. So while I pateniently wait for my dream quad, more power to the people that want a big cc machine. Your getting yours now.

Now I started with quads a few years ago. My first purchase was a Blaster. I had only ridden a quad (semi automatic) once before the purchase. I had to have the dealer drive the quad across the parking lot, because I had no clue on how to shift and work the clutch. A few months later, I walked into the same dealership and purchased a Banshee. Again, when it was time to load the new baby in the truck, I had the dealer drive it across the parking lot. While I was a little more experienced in riding (could work the clutch and such) I still did not want to drive it over. I knew I was getting a powerful machine, and since the parking lot was tar, I was nervous to flip the thing over backwards.

Should the dealer have sold me the Banshee. Yes! Because I had the money to buy it. Plain and simple! You cannot hold the dealer responsible for selling an item to a customer. If that were the case, then we all would be at the mercy of the dealer’s discretion as to what quad we should buy. Sorry, but that is my choice.

Do the aftermarket guys check to make sure you can handle the hopped up motor they are building you? Nope. Got the money, you get the parts.

But the one thing that saved me during the beginning stage of ride is one word. RESPECT! If you do not respect the machine, you will get hurt. Respect the fact that you have a machine that is completely under your control that can paralyze or even kill you.

As for people trying to blame others for their stupidity, it will happen as long as there is money to be made. Take the following analogy:

Hot liquids can burn.
Coffee is served hot.
Putting hot coffee that can burn, between your legs while driving is a risk.
Getting burned by hot coffee, you put between your legs will make you rich.

Not only does stupid hurts, it also makes money!

Old 01-26-2001, 11:25 AM
DMG
Weekend Warrior

Youre just mad because you can't handle the speed. DON'T TRY TO RUIN THE FUN FOR EVERYBODY ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!