Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Grab bar for Recon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grab bar for Recon?

I've got a '98 Recon (best 850.00 I've ever spent) and my 10 year old is starting to ride it. I am trying to sport it up a bit as well as lighten up also.
I removed the front rack a while back and would like to remove the back rack.
My question is would a grab bar from a TRX 250 bolt up to it?
It looks like it should but I wasn't able to measure the one I looked at.

If so I am looking for a grab bar for it if any one should happen to have one after a 6-pack rack install maybe..............

I am also looking to upgrade the shocks. It's pretty stiff but it's been fine as the extra bike but I think my son will be on it for a couple years. I've read that the new stock shocks are a better ride and that's what I'm thinking I'll do, just looking for opinions.

I got to say this old recon is a great quad. I bought it from a guy that used it on hot mop roof jobs.......had to chip some tar off of it but it just keeps going and we all ride it when necessary (my oldest started riding my 400 and that put me on the Recon).

Old 06-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grab bar for Recon?

I was able to measure a 250 ex and I will be able to bolt up the stock grab bar. My main reasoning for the grab bar is the not only for moving the quad around but I also need to be able to mount the flag.
On that note if anybody has one laying around (you know like after a 6=pack rack install) and would like to make a couple bucks I would love to take it off of your hands.
Still looking for some opinion on shocks....I found a progressive rate rear at highlifter.com that looks like it may be a good deal (not much more then stock)but they don't have the fronts. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on this quad so stock or used are my most probable options.