Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

trx350x conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trx350x conversion

check out the post in project quads section on my conversion!

Old 05-31-2008, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trx350x conversion

So finally after months of slowly working on the conversion, I busted some major rump on it last week to get it rideable for memorial day weekend and I am pretty impressed with it! Granted its no 450r or anything but its one hell of a trail quad i must say. Here is a little list of what I did to the conversion for anyone interested.
Started off with an 87 250x frame, 86 350x engine, 350x swingarm, 450r muffler, used the stock header pipe and lenghtened it a little to reach around the frame, as well as a custom bent pipe piece between the header and the muffler, 250r a-arms and tie rods, 400ex shocks with the shock conversion kit from diamond j customs, and a GOKI starter, relocated the oil cooler, etc.
It was one of those projects that kept changing as I went along on it, but it all worked out in the end. I babied it saturday during the day to listen and just ride it to feel how it would act and to make sure i had tightened everything down. A couple tweaks here and there and a chain tighten or two and it ran without a hitch! Sunday I drove it a little harder down in the soo pits in moose lake MN and it went pretty good, except for all the freakin clay/mud that glopped up the tires so i had no traction.
The puresport realtor tires on the rear really grip well. Most of the time i was asked to ride in the back of the pack due to the tires picking up rocks and bigger sticks on the trails and flinging them into the quads behind me.
Overall I am happy with the way this project/conversion ended up. There are a few minor things that i need to fix like making a couple brackets to go around the muffler to keep the fenders from rubbing and melting on the muffler, and im probably going to be putting some exhaust wrapping on the header and pipe just to keep the heat down when i ride, even though i wear my a-stars tech 3 riding boots.
Pictures and possibly video of it running will be up as soon as the batteries for the digital camera are done chargin!
Any comments are welcome! Thanks for looking!