Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Brand bashing?????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2001, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If we all bought HUMMER'S instead of quads, then it wouldn't be like this. Hmmm... talk is cheaper, quess I'll stick to my quad. I can't help it if I'm having fun on my no-name brand.

Old 02-01-2001, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

The way I look at it is that if your happy with what your ridin it really dosen't matter what it is. I race a 89TRX250R, I ride a 96 Polaris SP500, and on the street I ride a 91 Harley lowrider and I've owned at least 2 of all the major brands and one KTM 250SX. I can't really complain about any of them. So I guess what I'm saying is just shut-up and RIDE

89TRX250R set-up for XC w/ too much to list

Old 02-02-2001, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

I love brand bashing!!!
It's sooo fun to see people get mad, and imagine them getting crazy in front of their screen (BTW, has anyone seen the video badday? the guy that shoots his PC...thta's what I imagine).
Seriously, I think that it's all related with personal experiences. I like Yamaha. Why? Because my shee works pretty well (I have had almost only minor problems) and I have tons of fun (that make me forget about some problems), my dad has a 94 VMax4 750 sled, and it works better(is more reliable) than my 97 440 MXZx (I can't complete a ride without an electrical trouble). Also, after sitting all summer, I pulled the recoil 10 times, and it started. That's why I like Yamaha. Nut I have never owned a Honda to have similar experiences...neither a Polaris...neither...
Same thing goes for cars, we had a Toyota 4x4, we put 300 000 miles or so on it, and it still ran perfect we we sold it. In comparison, we now have a Pontiac Montana that I hate since I can't do what I want..tons of stuff afre automatic, and it nothers me. I want to get down...the doors are locked, it's dark, but I don't want no lights...no choices, lights on!...and the list goes on and on.

This is how I see things. When he time comes to change my machine. Does it look good? If so, then what features do I have? If I like it, I'll take it, no matter what brand it is...

Me and my riding pal constantly bash each other's ride (he has a scram, and I have a shee)...but it's never serious (I better start shutting up because he's working on his machine...and I'm starting to fear the next drag race...serious). The only we can't bash each other is sleds. We both have Bomb...oh well, I bash his higher windshield, his painted tunnel(mine is not), his black seat (mine is yellow)...and he bashes my fogged visor, my "tiny" 440...

Old 02-02-2001, 06:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

ATVing is about riding and having fun. Not about fighting over what brand is the best. I am not embarassed to say that I have an old 86' 200sx. Its all beat up and usually covered in mud. I paid a whopping $350 for it. But I still have as much fun on it as anyone does. Give up this brand bashing b.s.!

Old 02-02-2001, 08:30 PM
Range Rover

It all matters what your preferences are. I am a diehard Honda fan. I would buy a polaris sport or scrambler 400 if any but they are tall and heavy. I would buy a suzuki if they had a sport quad. I would buy a kawasaki if.... never mind.
THe point is to have the quad that fits you.

HONDA'S RULE
RIDE RED

Old 02-02-2001, 08:36 PM
Range Rover

It all matters what the person wants. If you buy a quad that you don't want, or doesn't fit you than you shouldn't of bought it. The raptor is a better choice than the DS but there is guys taller that 6"1 and probably don't fit on a raptor. I am a diehard honda fan, I would buy a polaris but they are tall and heavy, I would buy a suzuki, but They don't have any sport quads, I would by a kawasaki if....... well never mind.
any way people buy the quad that is right for them. It was hard for me to understand that though.

Old 02-04-2001, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer

ARCTIC CAT, okay enough said.

Old 02-04-2001, 06:40 PM
Range Rover

I don't understand the brand bashing either. I have ridden yamaha Suzuki, Husqavarna, Polaris and Honda. None of those machines dissapointed me. All of them had their good and bad points The worst points I encountered were the Yamaha and the Polaris. The Yamaha (YZ490) was extremely hard to start, and vibrated badly. The Polaris was fun but I didn't like the auto tranny. I like manual transmissions so much better. If you ask me brand bashing is a complete waste of time and effort. All machines are great as long as they do what you want them to. Some just have a preference and that's just fine, as long as it gets the job done.

Old 02-04-2001, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

Gotcha, you've got it wrong Bombardier are the worst bashiers then you poliars people so your the problem with bashing. I'm really tired of Bombardier people and their bragging about how "they" won the baja. Guess who was second a 44oex. It was more the riders than the qaud. Because their qauds are so highly modified

Old 02-04-2001, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Oops...see below!

Quick Reply: Brand bashing?????????