Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Brand bashing?????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2001, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't quite understand all of the "brand bashing" that I read about on these forums. I started out with a Honda 300ex. Now I still have the 300ex, but have added a Yamaha Warrior, Kawasaki Tecate 4, and next week, a Polaris Scrambler 4x4. I seem to have lost my identity? Let's see, I'm not just a Honda guy, or a Yamaha guy...Hmm. I'm as loyal to the brands as they are to me...LOL. When was the last time Honda or Yamaha, Polaris, etc. called anybody to see how they are doing? JUST RIDE!

Old 01-23-2001, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

I agree 100 percent!! I own two brands and i love them both! (Just look over my name i got it before the blaster)But for real some peaple just need to mature and have fun!

Old 01-23-2001, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

I agree too. I prefer honda because of the abuse i've seen the machines take and keep runing, but if the price is right i would buy any other brand.

Old 01-23-2001, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Letitsnow, you never know you may sell all those other quads after you get the Scrambler.
Just kiddin, seriously I think the different brands all have their strong points depending on what type of riding you're doing. I really like my Honda and would buy another one but I also have ridden in some conditions where the 4x4 on the Scrambler has been nice to have. I think you have the right idea though, just buy one of each brand and then ride 'em all.

Old 01-24-2001, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have Honda and Polaris,however,unless the price was absolutely great,Id not own anything except a Polaris in a 4x4 quad.Does that make Polaris the greatest 4x4 quad?Nope!It just means thats what I like,others may like another brand.Its funny,because most everyone I know could care less who they ride with or what kind of quad that they ride,they only want someone to ride with.Thats the way it should be,
Bill

Old 01-24-2001, 04:30 AM
Pro Rider

Amen!

Who cares what ya ride, have fun, thats what its all about, each quad has its difference. I was going to get a 400ex before I bought the Banshee, but I enjoyed the 2 stroke of my old blaster so stayed with a 2 stroke. If Honda still had the 250R out I woulda bought it over the banshee.

Old 01-24-2001, 09:38 AM
Trailblazer

Think I will put A Harley motor in A quad with ape hangers and drag pipes. I ride with two stripers! Please, let it break down! Time to go ride, now where did I put my brainbucket and chaps.

Old 01-24-2001, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

SO DO YOU

Old 01-24-2001, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

Polaris called me 2 weeks after I got my SP500HO and asked me all kinds of questions,1 week later I recieved a free gear bag in the mail as a thank you for taking the time to talk with them on the phone.

Old 01-24-2001, 01:29 PM
Range Rover

It's a guy thing. You can take 2 bald men, sit them in a room, and they would fight over a comb!
I generally don't pay attention...don't really care. I like my bike and hope you like yours. I notice I don't hear brand bashing like this on the trails (or at least not near as much). I am sure it has something to do with the anonymous nature of the message boards, not to mention the bashers are certain of no meaningful retribution so why not bash they reason.

The guy who developed some of the first BBS message boards once likened the experience of an active message board to being in a room with an elephant with diarrhea.....everything is fine usually, but every once in a while, the room fills up with a frightening amount of excreta!

That sums it up for me,

MrMan

Quick Reply: Brand bashing?????????