Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What atv is best for me??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What atv is best for me??

I really like Honda's but if you are interested in IRS you should look at the Yamaha Grizzly 450.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Range Rover

hondas really arnt good for mud riding! they have no lockers and no IRS!
if you would go yamaha get a grizzly! But if you wanted to stay honda id say probably a rancher or foreman?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mudb0ggers

hondas really arnt good for mud riding! they have no lockers and no IRS!

if you would go yamaha get a grizzly! But if you wanted to stay honda id say probably a rancher or foreman?</end quote></div>

this is a BS statement.....who cares about a locker

i can get through anything i need to

Old 06-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Trailblazer

It depends on what you are looking for, speed, handling, mudding or reliability. A lot of machines do some better than others, but for an all round machine with rock solid reliability you can't beat a Honda Foreman. It'll only go about 55-58MPH but gets 30MPG and will always get you home.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: petitecodiac

It depends on what you are looking for, speed, handling, mudding or reliability. A lot of machines do some better than others, but for an all round machine with rock solid reliability you can't beat a Honda Foreman. It'll only go about 55-58MPH but gets 30MPG and will always get you home.</end quote></div>

Except when the electronic shift breaks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

All joking aside- most of the machines are great nowadays, you can't really go wrong- try to get some seat time on each one that your interested in. You don't really need more then a 400-500cc class ATV..but having that extra power is nice either way.

Good luck finding what your looking for.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

get a Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 lol!

Old 06-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess it depends on how deep of mud and water you are looking at doing and how heavily modified you want to go.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok if money is not a problem here this is what you need to get. You need to get the HONDA RINCON 650. They are absolutly amazing. Get some Maxxis Mudzilla's on there. You will not get stuck and beat out all of your friends with ease. The mudzilla's are like tractor tires with 3 inches of tread. They are sick. You can get speed out of this quad also because you can change it from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive. Some of the models you can change it from full automatic or semi-auto (you just have to shift with your foot or possible you hands). This is your best bet. Honda is the best built. Most reliable and just overall the best.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:11 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BrewerE

Yes bigger is better... Have you heard anything about the 420 getting irs???</end quote></div>

IRS? They still have not got rid of the rear Drum brakes yet let alone moved to IRS.

If you like Honda get the 680 Rincon,its not the most powerful ATV in its class but at least it has IRS and all disk brakes,the only Honda Utility with those features,none have a true 4wd as of yet.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was kind of thinking for deep mud and water, I'd stick with IRS because of the ground clearance you can get with a lift kit and bigger tires, where the axle dragging on stuff kind of limits things on SRA quads like my Foreman.

The Rincon is Honda's only IRS machine, but I'd go with the 680 for fuel injection and a bit more power over the 650. If you are building a dedicated big mud/deep water machine, you might want a cam+module+filter and pipe, lift kit, and if you go with aggressive mud tires that are bigger than 27" you probably want one of the gear down kits, and a locker, and snorkle.

As much as I like Hondas, though, if I were building a big mud machine I think I'd start with one of the V-twins just because it would be cheaper. It might need CVT mods that would be cheaper than the gear reduction kit for the Rincon, it would already have a locker, and likely wouldn't need more power. Basically, big tires, snorkle, mods for the CVT, and a lift...