Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What To Do??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2001, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, Hoping I can get some help here for a buddy of mine. He bought a new 350 Rancher (2001) a couple of weeks ago. We were trailing last week & I noticed oil leaking from his bike when I was coming up behind him. On closer inspection we found his crankcase was cracked. This bike has only 175km on it, less than one weeks driving after work. And not hard driving because of the breakin period. The problem is when he took it back to get it checked out they told him that they wouldn't cover it under warranty because the only way that the housing would crack was if the tubing had been bent from misuse. Now I was riding with him the whole time since he bought the bike (less than a week) and there was no misuse, no more than would be normal for any atv, let alone a Honda.
Something seems awfull fishy here to me. I was wondering if anyone has had similar probs with warranty coverage & if so would they give us an idea as to where to go from here. His bike is still at the dealers. He bought it loaded plow, winch , everthing. And this dealer can be a real pain in the a$$ so to speak. Thanks for any info...By the way we live in NB Canada.

Old 01-25-2001, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first time I have seen this problem mentioned on the forum.

If its under warrenty maybe the dealer will do something for you!