Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

honda 250x with 350x motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda 250x with 350x motor

What all does it take to do this I've seen a couple of these around?How would it compare to the raptor 350?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

The 350x engine needs one motor mount cut shorter, to bolt right in. After that you need the harness and carb from the trike. The hard part is exhaust, but places like "Powroll.com" make and sell the header that is bent correctly.

All in all the conversion should be faster, because it is lighter than a Rappie 350.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

I recently just got done with 350x conversion. Its actually pretty easy to do if you are good at improvising with parts and what not. I also installed a goki starter on it too. It runs like a top.
The 350x carb and all the wiring is needed.
The left rear motor mount needs to be either trimmed off the engine or trimmed off the frame. I chosed the frame because i didnt want to compromise the engine cases at all. I also took a 250sx front triangle motor mount, trimmed it down a bit and remounted it in place of the the mount i cut off to help with stability. I also put the 350x swing arm in, in place of the 250x. You need a few spacers to take up the space in between the pivot point.
The header is the only thing that i have yet to perfect. It needs to be extended out about 2 1/2 inches from the flanges so it can go around and clear the frame. I had it welded up all nice, or so i thought, and ended up breaking off on a few jumps, so i ended up buying a DG aftermarket exhaust from denniskirk and am having my mechanic proffessionally weld it up. All in all its a pretty nice quad.
I used 250r a amrs, 400ex shocks and the conversion from diamond J customs, 450r muffler with some custom pipe bending.
Like i said, its a pretty simple conversion once you get on a roll and can fab stuff.
You could get the kit from powroll but i didnt want to spend that much money for what they had. Im not knockin it, I just wanted to do everything myself as much as possible.

If you have any questions let me know and i could also send some close up pictures if you want.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Have you ever heard of some sort of mod or something that almost acts like another gear for the 350x? A guy out at my work, his cousin use to race his 350x. He got his one sponser who knew his way around Honda's did something to his trike. If he was in last gear, topped out, you would turn off the ignition switch and turn on the high beams and it was like if you had another gear? I have heard of this twice now. It did not take this guy long at all to do this mod and he would not ever tell him what he did. He looked the trike over and over and could not find any new part. Have you ever heard of this before? Can it be done on any other Honda ATC?