RENTHAL 400EX BEND BARS
TWIST THORTLE
SCOTT GRIPS
RED WIRE COVERS
KEY SWITCH ON THE BOTTOM LEFT SIDE
NEUTRAL ON RIGHT AT THE TOP
REVERSE ON LEFT AT THE TOP
PRO-DESIGN KILL SWITCH
Fixing to come: lone-star axle and extended a-arms.
It would be a 330 but at my local track there is only a stock 300 class so I can only have it a 300 because if it was a 330 it would get killed in the open 4-stroke class.

Old 02-05-2001, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS C-STARK!! anymore good tips??? Do you run a race gas? or what octane gas do you run?

THANKS

Old 02-06-2001, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

I run premium pump gas. I can't afford too set my machine up for race fuel. I practice 2-3 nights a week, and race every weekend. Long XC races would really suck down that expensive fuel. Unless your a Pro level rider, I think "race-fuel" is over-kill.

300EX hot setups 101:
Drop the weight!!!! Loose the toolbox(and tools), tail-light, head-light, handlebar shroud, plastic mud-guards behind the footpegs and parking brake mechanism. Install a parking brake blockoff plate, aluminum handlebars, and aftermarket twin stage airfilter. These mods add up too less than $100 dollars and reduce the total weight of the machine by 7-8 pounds.

Handling 101:
The simplest way too improve handling is too get rid of those crap stock tires. Not a cheap modification, but the $400 dollars you spend on a set of aftermarket wheels/tires will greatly improve handling and stability of your quad. The reason I suggest getting aftermarket wheels with your tires, is because you can get them in a +1" offset. This makes the quad wider. Wider equals better handling.

Suspension:
Besides tires, I would recommend shocks before any motor upgrades. You can have all of the power in the world, but if the machine is beating you too death, it doesn't do you much good.(ie: Yamaha Banshee and MX racing) Get what you can afford in shocks. Yes, the more expensive shocks are better. But unless you can ride at a high level, you may never experience the benefits of the expensive suspension products. So get what you can afford. Both your machine and your body will thank you for it.
With aftermarket shocks, make sure too get them setup for your weight and riding style. A properly tuned shock will allow you too ride like you have never ridden before.

Engine:
The 250X/300EX engine is so de-tuned that it's pathetic!!!! Dropping in a high compression piston, "hotter" camshaft, free flowing exhaust and simple airbox mods will do wonders too the engine. Just remember that every mod that you do too the engine, shortens it's life and increases the maintenance factor.

You can add bumpers, skids, nerfbars, grab-bars, carbs, shocks, handlebars, graphics kits, whatever...whatever...whatever....too your machine. Search the forums, ask other people, try things out. Only you know what the best setup is for your riding style.....

Old 02-06-2001, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

99 300ex

Mods- k&n power kit , supertrapp headpipe , renthal bars, scott grips , maier handguards , front shock covers, 22" bearclaw and front max tires, custon headlights (extremely bright), rpm grab bar, custon skids (really thick), oh yeah! and heated handgrip inserts.

(future mods as soon as this summer)- Right now my quad is blown up so while its apart im installing a weisco 11:1 piston. Soon after when i get more money i'm buying- web cam , 20" scorpians, shark tooth front bumper, banshee headlight covers, rears shock cover, ids2 pipe.

please visit my briefcase.
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ex_master_1999

Old 02-06-2001, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

97 300ex.20/11/9 6 ply razr's on ITP .190's,premier brake pads.

Mods soon to come K&N filter,rejet,works double rate fronts with no res's,Maybe pipe (can't find a queit enough one yet)

I want a pipe with good low-mid gains and the most noise being 94 decibels.And not 500 bucks.

www.geocities.com/atvracerman1/picpage1.html
moded out 86 trx250r
97 300ex
90 blaster